jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent three days in sumpter Or, camping. While i was there i got permission to dredge on a private claim. Hit a couple spots about an hour a day and this is what i have to show for it.I wasn't prepared for the cold water (no wet suit) so an hour is all i could take.It took the rest of the day just to get warmed back up.I have been invited back but will go more prepared next time.A lot of the smaller pieces have mercury on them.I am using a 2" Keene back pack dredge that i bought used.

Attachments

• IMG_0308.JPG
    IMG_0308.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 823
  • IMG_0311.JPG
    IMG_0311.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 821
Nice going Jog- keep at 'er! Haven't had much chance to do eastern Oregon, although the folks hit Burnt River once and did pretty good. That desert gold generally comes out chunkier than the stuff down south too- nice character to it. :)

What is that liquid gold looking stuff in the lower right of the picture??

:headbang: UH OH now ya done gon' n'done done it up good. Gold fever will follow ya till the day ya die !! only cure for the fever is more mining. Dream your golden dreams-tons a au 2 u 2 -John :help: PS I've been infected by the fevor since 57 and am WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYY beyond any cure besides a nice long dirtnap

kuger!
It's just the water in the pan,i had it tipped towards the light and with a flash that's how it turned out.Am packing up and heading down to Quartzville as i am writing this.Have some spots that i have been eyeballing for awhile.Maybe i will hit the MOTHERLOAD!! HA HA.

jog said:
kuger!
It's just the water in the pan,i had it tipped towards the light and with a flash that's how it turned out.Am packing up and heading down to Quartzville as i am writing this.Have some spots that i have been eyeballing for awhile.Maybe i will hit the MOTHERLOAD!! HA HA.
AH<SHUCKS!!!I was hoping it was all gold!!! ;DGood job,though and hey get a wet suit!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back