First time out with Silver Max

whitestar55

Jan 9, 2008
Central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver U Max
Today was my first time out with my new Silver V Max.
4 clad quarters
4 clad dimes
17 pennies...... one is a wheatie
a copper disc
on old watch found right against the base of a tree
a cool little enamaled pin "NCA Spirit"
and last but not least...............a gold class ring..........my first
I was hunting the local high school yard that has seen a lot of MD activity over the years, but it's an area of several acres. There is still some good stuff down there. The fun part will be when the kid who lost this ring gets my call.

Attachments

• 100_0979.jpg
    100_0979.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 626
  • 100_0988.jpg
    100_0988.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 606

detector dave

Dec 23, 2007
between Cadillac and Big Rapids
Detector(s) used
whites 6000 & spectrum
Nice finds, I am glad to see that you can find the boy that lost the class ring. I lost mine back in 1990 and would love to have it back. It did not caust much but that is not the point. If i find a class ring i will try to find out who owns it. Good Luck this year. I am waiting for my detector to return from the shop getting fixed and for spring to hit. :)

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Whitestar55,
Hope you can get in touch with the owner of the ring.
Way to start the new year.
Thanks!
Rob

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great hunt whitestar and congratz on the good karma! :)

The kid looks like he is having trouble understanding a detectorist's needs...like getting a picture :D

HH!
TBGO

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Congrats, Whitestar. You did the right thing returning the ring. The kid could look a bit more "thrilled" though. :D Just joking I'm sure he was very happy to get it back. :)

OP
OP
whitestar55

whitestar55

Jan 9, 2008
Central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver U Max
Yea, he didn't smile, but he thanked me several times. But my kids, 9 and 12, were with me on the find and on the return. So this was a lesson on "doing the right thing". Sure made me feel good.

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
whitestar55 said:
Yea, he didn't smile, but he thanked me several times. But my kids, 9 and 12, were with me on the find and on the return. So this was a lesson on "doing the right thing". Sure made me feel good.

Your a good dad. I bet your kids felt very proud of you too. Hope you find a big treasure soon. One for keep this time! :)

OP
OP
whitestar55

whitestar55

Jan 9, 2008
Central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver U Max
I already found two treasures. One is 9 the other is 12.

But, I recently got a tip when I was shown several coins, barber dimes, v nickles, shield nickles, found on top of the ground in a garden plot that used to be an old homesite. Looks like a plowed through cache to me. Can't wait to get to it.

RONC(OR)

Aug 28, 2006
Eugene ,OR
Detector(s) used
Etrac/ X-8-X-1/ /Excalibur 2/AuqaHog ~yayer
a treasure to find a treasure to returned two treasures in one does not get any better great job HH RonC

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"High school soccer star, now clerk at convenience store!"

"Entrepreneur losses ring, finds it again!"

anyway......good deed......

Top Member Reactions