Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And it did not disappoint. Went to a colonial home site, that after review seems obvious it was hit a long time ago. Wound up with a couple musket balls, shot, buttons a horse boss in brass from colonial times, 2 broken buckle pieces and a flattened Virginia CW button with the Canfield Brothers Baltimore Backmark. Was a quick trip but the machine did very well.
IMG_3898.JPG
IMG_3898.JPG
IMG_3897.JPG
IMG_3896.JPG
IMG_3895.JPG

Upvote 10

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your great recoveries and glad to hear that the Deus 2 did not disappoint

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the doctors today to get results of a zillion dollars worth of tests. As many of you know the walking for me isn't so good anymore...and was told to keep metal detecting and eat meat! A win-win. No surgery. Back surgery for arthritis doesn't generally work anyway and I've had this long enough don't really care anymore.

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went to the doctors today to get results of a zillion dollars worth of tests. As many of you know the walking for me isn't so good anymore...and was told to keep metal detecting and eat meat! A win-win. No surgery. Back surgery for arthritis doesn't generally work anyway and I've had this long enough don't really care anymore.
My cat Boo says keep on detecting!

Attachments

• boo.jpg
    boo.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty kitty. I thought I was done for, but not yet.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep swinging! Everything I'm seeing, reading and hearing about the DII points at a phenomenal machine- Continued success going forward!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was really surprised at the separation in iron, and the DEPTH. I had to quit yesterday as I was tired of digging 15" + holes in the sand. Quite tiring.

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And it did not disappoint. Went to a colonial home site, that after review seems obvious it was hit a long time ago. Wound up with a couple musket balls, shot, buttons a horse boss in brass from colonial times, 2 broken buckle pieces and a flattened Virginia CW button with the Canfield Brothers Baltimore Backmark. Was a quick trip but the machine did very well. View attachment 2011931 View attachment 2011931 View attachment 2011932 View attachment 2011933 View attachment 2011934
Congratulations on that Virginia button! Nice finds!

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the finds and the new machine. Are you using the stock programs or a modified one? I too have back problems that limit my walking and that was the main reason I bought the Deus 1.
I am really impressed that you are etting that kind of depth and that alone is making me want one more and more.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Deus I with HF elliptical won't be beat in very tight spots or between corn rows. That said, the iron separation is better with the D2. The 11" coil I have had NO effect on the bad back either. I heard machines with 9" coils will be coming soon.

I am using it as set up right out of the box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions