What's new

First Time

katzky

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2009
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
After reading this forum over the weekend, I decided to give this coin-roll-silver-prospecting a try. I went to the bank located in my building and purchased a total of 10 250$ boxes of dimes, 1 500$ box of half dollars and 1 500$ box of Quarters. [The teller seemed confused by my request!] After opening all 600 rolls of coins, I have found the following:

14 x 90% Roosevelt dimes
1 x 90% Mercury dime in MS condition(!)
1 x 80% Canadian dime
0 x 90% Quarters
1 x 90% Kennedy Half Dollar
5 x 40% Kennedy Half Dollar

Now, to protect my margins, I need to somehow lug 24,984 dimes, 994 half dollars and 2,000 quarters across town to the nearest bank offering free coin counting on site... Uggh... What have I gotten myself into? :dontknow: :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Welcome too the madness. :hello:
 
Thanks. I had, incorrectly, assumed that all the silver had been taken out of circulation already. I believed that finding even a single coin would prove extremely unlikely. Of course, I was wrong. I am now going to buy 10 more 500$ half dollar coin boxes. Hopefully I will be able to continue earning nearly $3/ hour for my "work". :help:
 
katzky said:
Thanks. I had, incorrectly, assumed that all the silver had been taken out of circulation already. I believed that finding even a single coin would prove extremely unlikely. Of course, I was wrong. I am now going to buy 10 more 500$ half dollar coin boxes. Hopefully I will be able to continue earning nearly $3/ hour for my "work". :help:
Ha, like I always say, usually it's cheaper/easier to just buy silver outright. It's just not as "fun". Good luck!

ffd
 
Good find ! Getting rid of the clad is the only bad part of this hobby
 
Fistfulladirt said:
katzky said:
Thanks. I had, incorrectly, assumed that all the silver had been taken out of circulation already. I believed that finding even a single coin would prove extremely unlikely. Of course, I was wrong. I am now going to buy 10 more 500$ half dollar coin boxes. Hopefully I will be able to continue earning nearly $3/ hour for my "work". :help:
Ha, like I always say, usually it's cheaper/easier to just buy silver outright. It's just not as "fun". Good luck!

ffd

Yup, I still score bars and rounds in the early morning for $14/ounce when silver is at $17. Unfortunately, it still has cured me of this illness of getting silver at face.
 
welcome to the forum Katzky
thats an unbelievable amount of coin for "giving this coin-roll-silver a try". but if your gonna do it, then thats the way to do it :thumbsup: your total finds aren't that bad, about average. this hobby of ours is lots of fun, but now you have to deal with the dumping. all those coins should require many bag changes on the coin counter. i hope the bank you go to is understanding. i would try and spread out those coins over several banks, that way you don't piss anyone off.
just curious.....how did you find out about us?
 
Welcome to the madness. I liken it to a crack addiction. Several times during the day I need to get my fix and keep rolls on hand to bust open. You will find your experience rewarding at times and very frustrating at times. The key is finding a bank with a coin machine that lets you dump there for free. Once you have found that, the sky is the limit. Happy hunting and good luck!
 
How do we make this forum invisible to outsiders??? Kidding. Glad to have you and hope you continue doing well.

Golden Silver
 
"Uggh... What have I gotten myself into? "


The beginnings of a fine hernia! ;D
 
Suck it up Marine!! If a navy sailor can haul that much you better be able to too. LOL. GO NAVY!!!! If that is not motivation I dont know what is.

Golden Silver
 
Ronbo,
Marines don't get hernias!

Semper Fi
Rich Hartford Old Corps
 
LOL. Just so long as you remember Ronbo what branch of the Military the Marines actually belong. Thats right who's your daddy?

Golden Silver
 
Thats right GS the Marines are part of the Department of the Navy.......The Mens Department ;D
 
Hahah, You got a million of them Ronbo, but so do I. Here is one I think you will appreciate.

The Marine watched him over his shoulder and said to the Navy officer on his way out "In the Marines, they teach us to wash our hands after using the bathroom."

In response, the Navy officer replied "In the Navy, they taught us not to piss on ourselves."

Lol.

Come on you got to be laughing right now. Good talking with you Marine.

Golden Silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom