What's new

First Timer does ok???

jewelerdave

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
850
Reaction score
98
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well since fining this post and site over the last week I decided to give this area a crack.

A little over $2200 in searched coins and clearing out every bank in town gave up a bit of silver,
8 silver JFK
22 %40
couple proofs but not worth the mention.

a couple of weird pieces too as I pulled two plated coins out,
One a 1995 P that is either all copper or plated in copper
And a a 78 D that is plated in chrome or possibly rhodium.

Whats up with these plated coins? Why would someone do that???
 

Attachments

  • SilverHaul.webp
    SilverHaul.webp
    128.9 KB · Views: 280
Upvote 0
Nice haul Dave. Those plated coins are strange, I hope someone can tell us what they are all about.
 
Welcome aboard JD. Glad you joined in.

Very nice start on the silver. Keep plugging away & your stash will grow.

Thanks for the picture and keep em coming.
 
Good start! Like they say, there's treasure everywhere!
RD
 
Good start. I have a few plated ones too. Must have been special to someone in the past. HH Gayle
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom