What's new

First try at coin roll hunting, got LUCKY

Bama Billy

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
262
Reaction score
503
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I just started metal detecting and quickly got interested in old coins. After reading about coin roll hunting it seemed like an easy way to possibly find old coins without digging for them. I went a few days ago and bought $100 in half dollars. Got them home and found one that had “all 64’s” hand written on it. Sure enough, an entire roll of 1964 half dollars. Hahaha my first time ever, I’m pretty speechless.
 

Attachments

  • 8AEF7A51-97C6-4CC7-8B38-4A66739C7BB7.webp
    8AEF7A51-97C6-4CC7-8B38-4A66739C7BB7.webp
    396.9 KB · Views: 166
  • BB17D862-E93E-4870-BC97-29589B61079F.webp
    BB17D862-E93E-4870-BC97-29589B61079F.webp
    1 MB · Views: 160
Upvote 0
Beginner's luck! Now you're hooked!
 
I have to believe many of us old timer folks used to metal detect till we "discovered" finding old coins without being on our hands and knees, I am one! You did excellent for a new hunter, we all hope to find rolls just like that, it doesn't happen often, but when it does, we all go Yipee! Hope you find many more rolls just like that. Might want to return to that bank and see if they got more in from that same customer. I give you two thumbs up!!
 
Very nice score ! Gotcha hooked right away . My girlfriend (at the time ) in 2012 tried 9 rolls of half dollars her first time out - YUP ! 9 solid rolls - Walkers ,Franklins , and Kennedys. At that time it was close to a $1000 score.
 
It's a great HOBBY to have, and spend hours & hours doing something enjoyable & relaxing. Congrats on the find and welcome to TN and CRH with the rest of us.
 
Wow! Nice luck...:occasion14:
 
Amazing find. I haven't coin roll hunted in about 40 years but all these posts are making me wonder what I'm missing. Congratulations.
 
It's all downhill from here, lol! Just kidding. Great find and welcome to TNet. Hope you score many more!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom