What's new

First two dated boxes. No photo.

Sheldius

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
751
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Fed boxes usually don't have any dates on them. These two had Oct 08, 2007 Inspected By stamps. And I picked them up on Oct 11. :'(

First box had 2 1968's, the other nothing. Hope the rest of the GA collectors knock these new coins out of the Fed soon. Otherwise I'm staring a dry spell in the face! >:(

The skunk box had all sort of marked coins (I usually find a few, but this was way above normal). Dots to the left of JFK, white painted corners, black markered rims, blue and green slashs, and red necks. ::) The funiest were the red necks with "Stop it" written in fine black. And then some red necks with black hair, colored face, and a black snorkel. Maybe I'll post a photo when I get the camera back from my wife.

Anyone want to fess up and tell me who is dumping into my well? LOL.

HH.
 
Upvote 0
Sheldon, Sorry to hear about the crummy boxes! My box on Fri. must have been one of the last ones from the collection dump, as I plucked 20 walkers, 3 franklins, 3 90% kennedys, and 8 40%, 5 nifc, and 2 clad proofs. I will be anxious to see if I return to the mean on next weeks box. As far as the redneck kennedys go, I know nussing! Gpurs
 
I got two of the dated boxes as well. They weren't skunks. I got 22
keepers from both boxes. However, the coins were really dirty and
seemed like they had been in the system a while. Nothing near the
almost pristine BFs and Kennedy's I have gotten.
 
I got a couple of the boxes with BF and walkers several weeks ago, but my last 2 boxes were total skunks with tons of those marked halves, and the 2 boxes before that had one silver each--one a walker, and one a 40%. One of the skunk boxes was dated the same as yours. I am in a dry spell!

I went on a road trip north last weekend through Suches, Blue Ridge, and McCaysville, GA and was hoping to find some silver in those small town banks, but apparently somebody went through doing the same just before me. I did get $450 of somebody else's dumps which had one 2004 half in it.

Silver, I need silver!!!! ;D
 
I haven't been ordering boxes lately, I was finding nothing in them. Having a little luck with whatever few hand rolls I can find.

I did release into the wild two boxes thatwere marked in the date/mint mark area with black marker, just a slash type mark. They haven't come back to me yet.

Robin
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom