First Week Detecting

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Weeki Wachee, FL (north of Tampa)
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
OK, so maybe it was beginners luck finding that silver dollar the first day. :) Talk about being hooked, all I can think about is where is another one of those dollars. In my quest this week I found the following, at parks, old home sites and beaches. I don't know what I'd do if I lived up north with the frozen tundra. However I will be in it next week (North Virginia). Then I'll be going out west (Portland and Seattle). If someone can let me know if it's warm enough to hunt there I will take my detector with me. HH Baddog1

Attachments

• Week 1 Finds.jpg
    Week 1 Finds.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 299
Upvote 0

BRINK

Oct 21, 2004
Way to go! Also nice job on your picture posting. We all like pictures. Keep them coming. HH BRINK

zommbee

Jan 31, 2005
Tacoma, WA
It's like Spring out here - 60's and sunny. Lots of reg's in various towns and
state parks (need a permit) - but lots to find in the NW.

Zommbee (South of Seattle)

varmint

Jan 23, 2005
Lawrenceville, GA
Baddog, an observation:

You don't have enough nickels in your findings! Yes, nickels can look like pull-tabs, and pull-tabs can look like nickels, but more importantly, BOTH can come in right about where gold rings come in!!!

Quarters, pennies and dimes are hard to miss, but unless you are digging pull-tabs and nickels, you are very unlikely to be digging gold rings.

Hope this helps, and BTW, what detector are you using?

DAS

M

mrmark55

Nice finds. Beware? TOTALLY ADDICTING.....and very fun I might add! No better hobby or better people anywhere.
;D

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Good finds baddog!! keep up the good work looks like you've got the hang of it and keep posting. I'm still snowed in, my partner is still getting out but he's nuts. Only place he can hunt is below the tide line and man is it cold out there!!!

OP
OP
BADDOG

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Varmint,
It's not because I haven't been digging pull tabs. However I think I have it figured out (their all pull tabs) :(. I'm starting to hear the difference, and I'm getting better already. I truly believe I will have this figured out completely in a couple of years. LOL. If I'm someplace where I would expect to find rings or gold I basically dig everything except iron (i.e. beach). I have an Whites IDX

Mighty_Mouse

Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT Pro, HeadHunter Pirate
Hey BadDog your rock looks like mine......

Has your unknown rock got a silver flake to it? If it does i think i have its brother lol. will have to post a pic of it.

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Metal Detector!! Don't leave home without it!! Yea! The weather is unseasonably nice in the NW. Come on out & find the GOOD STUFF !! Spotz

I am 188 miles East of Portland near the Columbia River.

OP
OP
BADDOG

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Re: Hey BadDog your rock looks like mine......

Mighty_Mouse said:
Has your unknown rock got a silver flake to it?? If it does i think i have its brother lol. will have to post a pic of it.?

I'm not quite sure what it is. ??? I will have to have it checked for silver. It weighs 2.2oz and looks like someone melted the metal and poured it into a tablespoon (fits almost perfect) I put it to the grinder and it is definitely silver in color (I will probably find out it is some Indian artifact and is now worthless) :(.
Once I find out what it is I will post it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions