first weekend out in 2014 doesnt disappoint.

Bryan6059

May 31, 2012
nova scotia
Detector(s) used
garret at pro
garret ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally have been able to dust off the gear and dig some holes in the ground without chiseling through rock hard frost. Spent about 6-7hrs out over the afternoons on Friday and Sunday. gonna have to recondition my swingin arm again, because it didn't take very long to tire, and start switching arms.
I managed to pull out the most amount of buttons ive ever pulled out of the ground in one place in one weekend. some are quite small, and a couple have a bit of size too them. ive zoomed in and photographed any visable details on some of the finds, any help with age and id will be appreciated. Ive also got what I believe to be an old beat up possibly French copper coin of some sort. the piece's edges are all deteriorated giving it a smaller diameter than it should. its worn quite thin, and pictured in the middle is cross. at each end of the cross is three dots (cannon balls perhaps) and inside at least one of the nodes of the cross I can see what looks like a fleur de lis. if this is a coin and anyone can help with info on dating the coin and its nationality would be great as well!
as well we can also see a range of bullets have been found, no muskets this time, but have found a couple in the same field last year when I bowed out to winter and hung up the gear. looks like an old wind up key of sorts for something, and have also found a very deteriorated medal with the horse pictured on it. Cant wait until the long weekend to keep at er!

IMG_0977.JPG IMG_0976.JPG IMG_0975.JPG IMG_0978.JPG IMG_0979.JPG IMG_0980.JPG IMG_0982.JPG IMG_0983.JPG

Upvote 2

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!
Congrats on being freed from the ice!
I did the same on my first ice free hunt, sore arm from a 5 hr. hunt, and a hurting back! It still felt good!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad I seen your other post because this one sure flew under the radar!

You are correct, you do indeed have an early French coin. It is a billon 30 Deniers Circa. 1709-1713, called a Musketeer.

But even better, I see you have a nice 1790s/early 1800s British 65th Regiment officer button. That's a good day digging!

OP
OP
Bryan6059

Bryan6059

May 31, 2012
nova scotia
Detector(s) used
garret at pro
garret ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0994.JPG