First wheat, a charm and lots of clad!

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
Got out this morning ahead of the hottest part of the day and before the rains begin.? I went back to the same playground that so nicely provided my merc last week and found a really sweet silver angel charm - and it was under the very same park bench where I found my merc!? Must be my lucky spot.? I pulled about 70 cents in clad from the area - and my very first wheat!? Gotta be honest - a little girl who was "helping" me pointed it out with her toe just before my detector was about to cover the same spot...? Anywho, I gave her a big plastic racoon figure that I'd found and she thought it was a good trade!? It's a 1937 btw.
Then I moved over to another area of the park; an area that had thousands of people trampling all over it on the 4th of July.? I spotted a patch of white sand that just didn't belong where it was.? The area is lakefront and the foilage is grassy green everywhere thanks to the abundance of rain we've "enjoyed" of late.? And here was this patch of white sand - about 15 feet across - and no more than a foot deep - on the grass - and just off the sidewalk.? I decided to check it out - and for the next hour I kept bringing up coin after coin after coin!!!? I finished the morning with just under 5 bucks in clad ($4.93!).? I think the spot must have been the floor of a concession stand and the workers must have had a holes in aprons!? Just goes to show; you never can be sure what to expect when you're swinging a detector!
Ruth

Attachments

• First Wheat.jpg
    First Wheat.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 239
  • July 30 haul.jpg
    July 30 haul.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 228
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt Ruth and congrats on the wheatie! HH, Mike

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff!

HH

Lonewolfe

R

rvbvetter

Great haul!!! The wheatie was on top of the ground already? If so, there might be a coin collection scattered around there. If you dug it, it might be worth another slower search, in case there might be some deeper ones missed. There either could of been something there before the play ground. Or they could of came in with some fill dirt brought in at a later point. Either way, i think i would give the whole area another going over. They might just start turning up all around. Good luck and hope you find a bunch more there. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread