First wheat cent in change!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea that's always a great one, no effort required! Wait until you find one in the give a penny take a penny, that's even better because you don't even have to buy anything!

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
I remember my first wheat cent in change. I actually kept it in my wallet for good luck. I wasn't CRHing back then so I didn't appreciate it as much. I still have it though. However its been mixed in with all my other wheaties.

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea that's always a great one, no effort required! Wait until you find one in the give a penny take a penny, that's even better because you don't even have to buy anything!

Found two in as many weeks in the take a penny/leave a penny. The kicker is that one of the Wheats sat in there for 3 days before I picked it up because I didn't want to swipe it when people were looking. :dontknow:

jarlbartar

Jan 3, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its pretty amazing how many you will get back in change every now and again, just a few weeks ago I got 3 in one day! I've found a brittish new penny in the take a penny tray and I usually take any copper pennies out of the tray. I used to be shy about it, but now I figure if people are stupid / careless enough to leave a bunch of pennies behind, its not a big deal if I grab a few.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! I haven't gotten a wheatie in my change in many years now.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I've found a brittish new penny in the take a penny tray and I usually take any copper pennies out of the tray.

I once saw a British new penny at a Starbucks next to the cash register. I asked for it, and they said they need the manager to approve it. He wasn't there, but I already have many of those (they are bronze, so keeping them for copper isn't bad too). They turned to copper plated steel in 1993.

rex

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i usually just throw my pocket change in a jar to check later, but yesterday for some reason i looked at it and a 1956 d penny was looking back at me. h.h.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread