first wheatie

medallion

Tenderfoot
Aug 28, 2007
Mid Thumb Michigan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger
Found a wheatie in the trash pit called my front yard. Changed to the 4" gold sharpshooter 2 (pioneer 505) coil with new batteries. found 2 pennies and a washer. Set the detector on 12 sensitivity and 12 discrimination and got better results. I am not sure the detector is working properly still, working like a 505 will work, or if the operator has brain damage. (You have no idea how much I have read and tested and practiced this month, but I persevere. Maybe Santa will bring me another detector. I live in Michigan, close to Lake Huron, have sandy soil in the yard trashy beaches with no concessions, (mostly old hull and breaker rotted parts), and some clay inland. Any suggestions on the next best detector preferably that is accurate on depth, maybe has numbers so I can get used to what might be hidding below, and auto ground balance. sigh..In a perfect world I would win the lottery, give my small treasures to kids on the beach or let them hunt, and ....poof...back to reality. Anyone want a really good camera for 299 that you actually still can carry and rocks. Try HP's touch screen R937. 3.6" screen and still small enough for a shirt pocket. So cool.

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions. I love this hobby.... but I am pretty certain Murphy has his eye on me.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions