What's new

Fish Fossil ID

diggummup

Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2004
Messages
17,871
Reaction score
10,149
Golden Thread
0
Location
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Common? Any help?

DSC02489.webpDSC02487.webpDSC02485.webp
 
You did not mention where it was found, but it may have come from the Kemmerer, Wyoming area in southwestern part of the state. It appears to be a ''Knightia dyplomystus''
 
You did not mention where it was found, but it may have come from the Kemmerer, Wyoming area in southwestern part of the state. It appears to be a ''Knightia dyplomystus''
Very similar to ''Knightia diplomistus'' :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • Fish fossil.webp
    Fish fossil.webp
    36.1 KB · Views: 168
Thanks to the both of you, that looks like it. I didn't find it in the wild. It was a garage sale find I paid a quarter for. I know nothing about fossils, but I like them and whenever/ however I can acquire one, I do. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom