SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow.....its hard for me not to get fired up over that story. Ya gotta luv it. The fish, the sky, the water, it all looks perfect. Congrats SD that's a fantastic red fish. I love my home state of Florida. Fishing dreams come true down here.

Thanks Bart! I'm still on a "Fish High"! The wind laid yesterday and yes, the sky was beautiful! Can't wait to see your next posts on the area you're at now! Keep us posted and Good Luck!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are awesome! Great story also. I'd say you enjoyed your trip!

Thanks Wrightdigger, yes we don't want to leave! It's always a great time here in Florida and I just about wear myself out by never relaxing here. There's so much to see and do and we always enjoy all of the great restaurants. many of them are on the water too so the views are breathtaking! Even found some time to detect the beaches!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Wrightdigger, yes we don't want to leave! It's always a great time here in Florida and I just about wear myself out by never relaxing here. There's so much to see and do and we always enjoy all of the great restaurants. many of them are on the water too so the views are breathtaking! Even found some time to detect the beaches!

I have never been to Florida, so I appreciate the pics and stories. Did you find anything detecting?

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never been to Florida, so I appreciate the pics and stories. Did you find anything detecting?

Here's my finds so far...

Florida Finds 2018.jpg

The ring isn't sterling, but always nice to find a ring. Last year when we were here, a guy asked if I would look for his friend's daughter's lost ring. I was able to hand it to him with 15 minutes and everyone was all smiles. They were returning to Oklahoma that day and the girl's Grandmother had given her the ring!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here's two pics of the Gulf from where we stay at the Emerald Coast...

Emerald Coast Pic1.jpg

Emerald Coast Pic2.jpg

You can walk the beach for miles! Beautiful area to be at for sure...

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last try, sorry...

last pic.jpg

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where exactly is that SD ?? Looks beautiful. Looks very uncrowded, I like that. Beautiful. If I had to guess id say cedar key area.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where exactly is that SD ?? Looks beautiful. Looks very uncrowded, I like that. Beautiful. If I had to guess id say cedar key area.

Bart, it's between Pensacola Beach and Fort Walton Beach...

2018-10-30.png

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bad I saw that at the begining of your post. I was distracted by the red fish pics !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WD I'm getting ready now. People will start showing up soon and we will have a full house with all the boats going by Thanksgiving. Our December will be busy too, and then to the bahamas from Jan-april. Probably be back and forth in that span. I think were going to rent a house this year in Spanish wells. That's when we will blue marlin fish. We will fish for wahoo and yellowfin tuna also.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
SD51,

Nice finds and story about the ring! I have detected our campground a little this year and one of my finds that got me most excited was a lead sinker. Why is beyond me. I really shouldn't be surprised to find tackle and hardware. I guess it is because it wasn't rusty fence or nails. LOL!

Those phone pictures get the best of me. They never post the right way! It looks very relaxing and beautiful! Thank you!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
WD I'm getting ready now. People will start showing up soon and we will have a full house with all the boats going by Thanksgiving. Our December will be busy too, and then to the bahamas from Jan-april. Probably be back and forth in that span. I think were going to rent a house this year in Spanish wells. That's when we will blue marlin fish. We will fish for wahoo and yellowfin tuna also.

I thought maybe your busy season was gearing up. I can't wait to see the pics!

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Bart, it's between Pensacola Beach and Fort Walton Beach...

View attachment 1647492
=========
That is a pretty area. Every year our company held their National Expo in Biloxi and so every year I would take my son a rent a car and drive over to Pensacola then on to Gulf Breeze, ( looking for UFO's :laughing7: ), and then on to Pensacola Beach. Was always impressed with that area as far as looks. Now the houses with water heaters setting on the front porch and a half dozen cars in the front yard on blocks was another story :laughing7:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SD51,

Nice finds and story about the ring! I have detected our campground a little this year and one of my finds that got me most excited was a lead sinker. Why is beyond me. I really shouldn't be surprised to find tackle and hardware. I guess it is because it wasn't rusty fence or nails. LOL!

Those phone pictures get the best of me. They never post the right way! It looks very relaxing and beautiful! Thank you!

WD, I know what you mean about finding sinkers. They ring-up like a possible ring for me. I finally got horizontal pictures to display here. I hold the phone vertically first, then rotate it 90 degrees to the left so the bottom of the phone is on the right end now. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guy's we have the bait run going on down here. I've been casting into giant balls of mullet down at the end of my street. Every day for 30 mins. With my kid. No bites, the fish are fat and lazy from so much bait to feed on !!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wowza I need a vacation its been 10 years I got 2 girls si some day looks like alot of fun. Thanks for sharing with us

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tommy you got any fish pics ?? Feel free to show us if you got some.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread