What's new

Fisher 10" coil worth having?

mncricket

Greenie
Joined
Oct 15, 2009
Messages
18
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
I have an F2. I am planning to get a 4" coil and was wondering if there is an advantage to having the 10" coil. Thanks.
 
Depending on the area you would like to hunt, the ten inch coil will cover more area and get deeper too. When your searching farm fields or non trashy sites it lowers the odds of you coming home empty. It also helps if you had ground balance.
 
My fisher comes with a 11' inch coil that just kills it even in the trashy areas. But owning a 10" coil for my older Bounty Hunter was only used for parking lot scans, and large field areas. The ten inch coil I have does go deeper. Buying a coil is easier than a new detector. The 10" coil was a lil heavy for the shaft, but still hit the coins.

Hope this helps. 3coils.webp
 
I use it on my F2. I changed from the 8" coil that comes stock with it. To me it works a little better around my neck of the woods.
 
FYI: If you goto my profile. I started up a you tube channel and I tested the difference between the 4" sniper & the 10" concentric. I hope that helps ya out. Ehh.... maybe not. The 4" sniper really REALLY shines over the 10" I have found.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom