fisher 1212x

scuffler

Jul 23, 2007
Hello all,

I am a noob, I want to know if what you think about the fisher 1212 x, I hope some of you have some experience with it, I have a garret ace 250 but thought it was confusing so I have bought a fisher 1212x, one question I have is do the fishers really go deeper?
Its frequency is about 4 something KHZ and the Garrett is 6.5, now I heard that the lower the frequency the better. Can someone help me by commenting on these things.
Thanks

Scuffler In Oregon.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont know about depth but the 1212 is a good md

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Fisher 1212 is an ok starter detector and has about the same depth as the ACE 250. The frequency doesn't have that much more to do with depth as id in the circuits to either disc. or accept it.

It's a nice detector and pinpoints well, but has less features than the Ace 250.

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
Several years ago I bought one of these in desperation as my main detector died. It was the only detector the place had.

I was impressed. Learn the tones and you will do well.

I found small nuggets with mine.

A great beginer detector and a good back up detector too.

OP
OP
S

scuffler

Jul 23, 2007
Thanks to all of you for your comments!
Its nice to be able to ask questions of all you guys who know more about this than me.

Scuffler

OP
OP
S

scuffler

Jul 23, 2007
I am from Southern Oregon! :)
I am still researching where to hunt around here.
Seems like there is some good history.

Thanks

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
The fisher 1212 is o.k The housing is not that well made and can't Handel wet sand or mineralized grounds to well. invest in a Minelab musketeer avantage and you will never put it down it goes deep and wet sand is not a problem ,The best VLF you can get at an afordable price..I've gone through 50 metal detectors.

RD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions