fisher cz 20 HELP

R

rybikowsk

I own a fisher cz6a I like it so much I decided to buy a cz 20. I could not find a new one, so I bought a supposed to be like new one on ebay. It arrived today It did look like new, but it was broken, the disc control has no right or left stop,like my cz6a, the cz20 disc knob will turn an infinate amount either derection, also there is a lound hum through the head phones that cannott be tuned out, I guess because of the disc knob.I paid800.00 for this detector this has sickened me, I sure could use some advice.thanks, michael rybikowsky :-[

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michael, I am sorry you got ripped off by another bad ebay seller. Not being the orginal owner with a warranty, you have to contact Fisher and ask them how much for a repair estimate. Please let all of us know what they tell you.

You can still use the CZ6a for wading by hipmounting it. This way you also have a meter to speed up your hunts. Don't wrap the wire around the shaft but run it up the side and tape it. This cuts water resistance and gives you more length of wire. Just don't fall down or step in a hole.

good Luck,
Sandman

OP
OP
R

rybikowsk

thanks sandman I will follow your advice. michael

OP
OP
R

rybikowsk

good news the seller refunded my money.I think he was a honest person who did not know detectors
and paid eleven hundred dollars for what he was told was new,he is going to contact the company that sold it to him.michael

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread