New 1270 owner

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I jumped the fence from Whites to a Fisher. My partner has a 1266 and I have been impressed with his finds and machine performance. I have swung a XLT for 10 years. I dont think there is a better coin machine out there but when in comes to relics that is another story. Relics is what I like to hunt for now and I have very little time to do it so I wanted the best machine for the job. I got my 1270 on Ebay used but it is like new. Still has the sticker on the bottom of the coil cover. I would say it was used for 5 hours at the most before I got it.

When Im able to get out with it for a full days hunt I will write a review if anyone would like to read it.

It is very scary! It has knobs. I have had buttons and a LCD for 10 years. I might as well be at the controls of the space shuttle. Its all Greek to me!

I have read many good reviews about this machine but they all have been from people who sell them so I dont put much into that. I want to hear from you guys and gals that have actually used it and tell me what you think and be kind enough to give me any tips or advice that will cut down on my learning curve. Any help will be appreciated.

Its nice to be in the Fisher family. Hello to all my relatives. I will keep you posted on my progress.

Tom

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you read a lot of the reviews you will notice the reporting is not glorified. What is wrote about is true about it's operation. The finds in the reviews might be subject to fiction, but you have to realize nobody is going to believe a gold bar found at two feet. The reviews mainly aren't written from people that sell them, but people that test them and write reviews. Course you also get the "reviews" that are written in the forums by "users."

The 1270 is a fine detector that is great for relics. You will like it. It isn't hard to learn, but that is supposed to be fun too isn't it.

Good Luck,
Sandman

OP
OP
kindafoundabuckle

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
If you read a lot of the reviews you will notice the reporting is not glorified. What is wrote about is true about it's operation. The finds in the reviews might be subject to fiction, but you have to realize nobody is going to believe a gold bar found at two feet. The reviews mainly aren't written from people that sell them, but people that test them and write reviews. Course you also get the "reviews" that are written in the forums by "users."

The 1270 is a fine detector that is great for relics. You will like it. It isn't hard to learn, but that is supposed to be fun too isn't it.

Good Luck,
Sandman

Thanks Sandman!

KFB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread