Fisher CZ 6a beach questions

Jposton1987

Tenderfoot
Jun 9, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I currently use two detectors primarily at the beach. I started off using AT Pro and found enough to get a bargain on a used Fisher cz. I understand the multi-frequency detectors get better depth on salt beaches. I am able to set the ground balance and run at 5 out of 8 sensitivity with the at pro so it is not over mineralized with minimal falsing. I was curious as to whether the cz uses distinct dual frequencies for processing signals and not amplify the 15 khz harmonic. If it was based on harmonics and 5 khz being the fundamental frequency would I be better off with using the At Pro at the beach for the dedicated 15 khz being more sensitive to gold or would the aggressive ground balancing and decrease in sensitivity null that point? Of course like every beachcomber I'm looking for gold and have been lucky. Any advice would be appreciated.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The CZ series transmit, receive and process both frequencies all the time. The advantage is that they can cancel salt and black sand while retaining depth.

google search is your friend - these have been around for over 20 uears and there is tons of detailed information out there. Not all treasures are in the ground - a lot of them are on the web - just dig a little!

OP
OP
J

Jposton1987

Tenderfoot
Jun 9, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Rick for the reply. There was some mixed results upon searching about the cz and how it used both frequencies. That clarifies things a good bit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread