What's new

Fisher CZ 7 ?

EJS4029

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I have a Fisher CZ 7 that I haven't used in over 10 years since moving from the East coast to Southern CA I like to start getting back into detecting can I continue to use my CZ 7 or would I be better served to get a new machine ? Is the CZ7 worth anything if I should decide to sell it ? Also can someone put me in touch with any clubs in my area I'm in Corona, CA Riverside County.

Thanks
 
Just retired my beloved CZ7 after 10+ years of faithful service. Well, it retired itself. Fire it up and good luck!
There may be more locals available to you over at the States forum.
 
I have a Fisher CZ-7 that I bought used about a month ago. I have not taken it out yet. I'm waiting for old man winter to leave Ohio. The air tests are impressive. In factory preset mode with the sensitivity turned up to 6 I got the following solid, repeatable signals on coins:

penny 10"
nickel 10"
dime 9.5"
quarter 11"
half dollar 12"
silver dollar 13.5"

But these are only air tests. Don't know what she'll do in the dirt.

Here are a couple of reviews on the Fisher CZ-7a:

http://metaldetectorreviews.net/detectors/161-1-fishercz7apro.html

It's very similar to the CZ-7. While we're on the subject, does anybody know what the difference is between the 7 & 7a?
 
EJ, that CZ-7 is a great machine if in proper working order... world wide!

I use my Tesoro machines most the time, but the old CZ I have is still a good one.

Value is best determined by your assessment of it's condition and comparison to what they are going for here on Tnet, and maybe the bay. I'd like to buy an 8" coil if you are wanting to sell one.

The machine with one coil is worth minimum of $300, possibly $350 and maybe more depending on condition.

Best
rmptr
 
Dan, Actual dug targets with mine:
Quarter: 12"
dime: 10"
Nickel: 9"
cent: 11"

Oddly enough, all the halves (Barbers/Walkers/Kennedys) I've ever dug were 4" or less as were the silver dollars (Morgans/Peace/Ike/susieB's and Sacas). But I'm sure they'd ring up loud and long deep as a quarter at least.
 
Lowbatts, do you remember what you set your sensitivity level at?
 
If I'm not mistaken the 7 was pole mounted and the 7a(pro?) was hipmountable? Somebody correct me If I'm wrong. Been away from the CZ's for 10 years. FYI I've got the hipmount bracket $10 if anyone needs one. I do know one thing CZ's kick butt on wetsalt sand and civil war minis!!
 
gibsondan said:
Lowbatts, do you remember what you set your sensitivity level at?

Yes, deepest finds came from max sense. So you know the ground was fairly clean where the deepest finds came from because every deepest signal I can recall was a clear and repeatable signal. While there were bad targets that deep, same pp id for shallow junk worked. If it doesn't pp directly over the spot where the signal is indicated, junk when in id mode.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom