Fisher Detector Cache

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't find a cache with a detector ..I found a cache of detector's :metaldetector:

I just wanted to share my good luck story.

Last week I was searching craigs list, just for the heck of it, and came across an ad that read - underwater metal detector $250- and had 1 grainy
cell phone picture of the detector packed away in the case. I didn't expect much, as the ad was a couple days old already and I figure that if it was a good deal it would already be gone.

I sent a e mail and found out it was a Fisher and it was still available. He wasn't sure of model, but he did have 2 of them.

I figured at worst it was a 1280 and @ $250 with the case, that was a good deal.

When I arrived and met the older gentleman the first thing out of his mouth was " while I was waiting for you I looked these up on ebay and I noticed they sell for 7-8 hundred dollars each". I looked at the ground and there sat two mint CZ 20's in the cases with all the factory accessories!

My heart sank as I asked him if he was still going to sell them and for how much now? He responded that yes, they are still for sale and I could have them for the original price of $250 each. woot! Needless to say I tested them out and then peeled off 5 $100 bills and paid him.

We talked for a while and I found out that he was a diver and started having eye issues and could not dive anymore so he saw no reason in keeping these 2 detectors.

I took about a 6-7 year hiatus from detecting and sold all my gear, (cz-20 and explorer) so this was really fortunate for me. A good friend of mine is also getting back into detecting too, so now we both have great water machines. We plan to brave the November weather and test them out this Friday.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find! Congrats on two great machines!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread