Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just wondering which of the 3 detectors above is the best for the money. I started thinking that I was going to get an F2, but then figured I might as well bump up to the F4. If there isn't much of a difference between the F4 and the F5/ AT Pro, I'll probably buy the F4 for $400 and buy a pro pointer. Seems logical to me. Thanks.

Upvote 0

ELITE

Jan 1, 2013
louisiana
Detector(s) used
garret at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get the.......................................................................AT PRO........................................................................:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::tongue3::tongue3::tongue3::tongue3::unhappysmiley::unhappysmiley::unhappysmiley::unhappysmiley::unhappysmiley::unhappysmiley::unhappysmiley::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::laughing9::laughing9::laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:

OP
OP
E

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What kind of depth do you get on a coin?

wwkayaker

Greenie
Mar 16, 2013
Saint Clair, Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Bounty hunter Tracker 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started with a bounty hunter tracker 4, and quickly upgraded to the fisher f5. I found a padlock at 10-12", I have found pennies at 8-10". But also i'm new at md'ing, and completely new with the f5.

OP
OP
E

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I started with a bounty hunter tracker 4, and quickly upgraded to the fisher f5. I found a padlock at 10-12", I have found pennies at 8-10". But also i'm new at md'ing, and completely new with the f5.
As much as I like the AT Pro, I think I'm going to go with the F4. I like the F5 more, but from what I read you get about the same depth between the F4 and F5, unless you put the DD coil on the F5 also. I think I'm just going to buy the F4 and then get a Garret propointer.

TC024

Feb 25, 2013
Johnson City, Tn
Detector(s) used
Shopping for first now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your pretty much in the same boat as me. I know I want an Atpro but can't decide if I really should spend that much. I'm looking at those same detectors plus the Ace250/350

OP
OP
E

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your pretty much in the same boat as me. I know I want an Atpro but can't decide if I really should spend that much. I'm looking at those same detectors plus the Ace250/350
My theory is that I can spend $400ish now, and then upgrade in a few years to a $1000ish machine, probably after college.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You can take the AT-PRO swimming....if you got a lakes around, with a swimming holes.... the pro might pay it`s self off fast,just a thought.
Gary

OP
OP
E

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can take the AT-PRO swimming....if you got a lakes around, with a swimming holes.... the pro might pay it`s self off fast,just a thought.
Gary
That is a big advantage, but I don't think that I'll ever use it for that. I just want a machine that has capabilities of hunting the wet sands of a saltwater beach, but I don't plan on submerging it.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
henry
Most single frequency detectors have trouble with wet salty sand....i don`t know how the F4-F5 would fair in that environment...but i would think no very well.
Gary

OP
OP
E

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw somewhere that said the F4/5 were well suited for beach hunting. Maybe they didn't mean saltwater beach hunting? That or they are just trying to make it sound better than it actually is.

jc1965

Tenderfoot
Feb 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go for the AT pro. I went from the F4 to the at. Working around iron the AT can sniff out targets that I didn't think were possible. Pro mode zero with the iron audio is amazing. Plus you can truly manual ground balance the AT pro.

OP
OP
E

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I decided to buy a Teknetics Omega 8000. Found one used for $449, so I didn't think that it was too bad of a deal.

Jeremy76

Jan 16, 2013
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My problem is anytime I get into a hobby I usually start small and end up going bigger/better soon thereafter. Thus spending more than I would have starting out with "better" equipment to begin with. Save up and get what you really want the first time, you'll probably end up better off in the long run.

rekarstien

Aug 9, 2013
Glenolden PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 Minelab Sovereign GT Teknetics Omega 8000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you like the Omega 8000 I just bought one and should have it in a few days. What type of depth are you getting on coins?

OP
OP
E

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't end up using the Omega much. I like to spend money, so I bought a used F-75 about two months after I bought the Omega. I never had a problem with the Omega, I just wanted something better. I still have the Omega, but I don't use it much. My uncle uses it a lot when we go, and he seems to like it. Couldn't really tell you a depth, I picked up an aluminum can at about 2 foot on a beach in dry sand. A lot of coins around 4-5". Don't remember much past that. Just remember that it can be a pretty jumpy machine.

markp

Dec 3, 2013
Peytona,WV
Detector(s) used
White dfx, and Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got the AT Pro and it's a great machine. I have a White DFX, it cost twice as much as the AT Pro and the Garrett puts the White to shame.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread