SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Garrett is a submersible detector, and sooner or later you are going to come across some body of water or shoreline you will be tempted hunt. Your Garrett gets splashed, no problem. Your F4 gets splashed, that could be the end of it.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never used the AT Pro, it has a huge following. I have used the F4 and it does not like to get wet and the ground balance only works in all metal mode. I enjoyed the detector, but heck why not go for the F75 at $599? Most of my detectors were used when I bought them and I have never hand an issue. If you plan on hunting fresh water then by all means get the AT Pro. I am mainly a coin shooter that appreciates a cool relic and jewelry. What will you be hunting for primarily, relics, coins, jewelry?

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The F75 is a great machine, no doubt. But more complex than others to set up properly as well. If you are a beginner, I wouldn't start with it.

high&dry

Mar 8, 2014
SWFL
Detector(s) used
X-terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't speak for the F4, but my wife started on the F2 and it was very easy to just turn on and go. She found a silver ring in our yard and countless other items during the year she used it. I got her an ATPro for Christmas and she loves it! very easy to set up and dial in to your preferences, as well as tons of videos and info online on how to use it properly. I must admit that the waterproof factor was something I wanted so I could take it in the lakes and streams! The minelab would be mad at me if I did that LOL.
I'm sure you'll enjoy either one of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread