What's new

Fisher F75DST 7 Easy Silver Coins

tabman

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2011
Messages
2,309
Reaction score
7,255
Golden Thread
2
Location
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took 5 days off from detecting to get some rest. The first site that I went to was a permission that I got a few weeks ago but forgot about, a front yard of a 1952 home. Most of the front yard was on a steep slope. Those are the ones that I do well at finding silver coins. I managed to find a 1939 Mercury dime at the top of hill and 1945 War Nickel between the curb and sidewalk. The War Nickel's VDI number was bouncing back forth between a beaver tail and a nickel reading. They do that sometimes.

I noticed a couple out in their yard across the street, so I went over to get permission to detect their yard. I found several silver coins in that yard. I looked up and saw a guy across the street at the house next door to the house that I just detected looking a me. I ran over there and before I could even ask he asked if I'd like to detect his yard. I said yes I would. I found some more silver coins in his yard.

It was getting to be around 11:00 o'clock, so I decided to call it a day. I ended up finding 7 silver coins, one huge junk ring, around $8 in clad coins (mostly quarters and nickels) and 3 wheat pennies. Yep, I was cherry picking except for the nickel/gold range.

My F75DST detector settings: 9.0, Sensitivity 85, DE Mode, 4H Tones, Disc Level 0, GB 65.

This was my 63rd hunt for the year and my silver coin total for the year now stands at 189.

tabman

F75DST%207%20Silver%20Coins%20001_zpsw57nhhgf.jpg


F75DST%207%20Silver%20Coins%20005_zpsz43r90w8.jpg


F75DST%207%20Silver%20Coins%20006_zpscjqya2gc.jpg


F75DST%207%20Silver%20Coins%20009_zpsbhfntbuj.jpg


F75DST%207%20Silver%20Coins%20011_zpsigshclhy.jpg


F75DST%207%20Silver%20Coins%20013_zpsbizxz9uw.jpg


F75DST%207%20Silver%20Coins%20014_zpsupbgtfn7.jpg


F75DST%207%20Silver%20Coins%20017_zpsmd8yeupt.jpg


F75DST%207%20Silver%20Coins%20018_zpsq4pp5bxc.jpg


F75DST%207%20Silver%20Coins%20020_zps8tf27nvq.jpg


F75DST%207%20Silver%20Coins%20023_zpsiaiqxbrn.jpg


F75DST%207%20Silver%20Coins%20024_zpssaxrmqhl.jpg


F75DST%207%20Silver%20Coins%20027_zpsdneujlzl.jpg


F75DST%207%20Silver%20Coins%20029_zpsdjlqyia0.jpg


F75DST%207%20Silver%20Coins%20033_zpswuon2bci.jpg


F75DST%207%20Silver%20Coins%20030_zps0feesxya.jpg
 
Upvote 28
Bet you about gagged with all that silver, when the ring popped up. Congratulations!
 
Congratualtions on the great silver streak! :occasion14:
 
F75 SE is one fantastic machine- I usually run mine in JE mode - sensitivity 90 - dic 1 - 2F tones - found out JE on my machine has better depth. Anyway thanks for sharing your pictures and story with us & congrats on your finds - wish you many more with your F75.

Texas ED
 
You are a silver vacuum !! Congrats!! HH
 
Lookin good! Will be in town June 6th through the 10th...I may get a permission or two in Midtown and we can hopefully pull some older silver :occasion14:
 
Bet you about gagged with all that silver, when the ring popped up. Congratulations!
I just knew that I had a big silver coin under my search coil by the VDI numbers. Damn ring!

Congratualtions on the great silver streak! :occasion14:
Thanks! It has been a good year for me.

F75 SE is one fantastic machine- I usually run mine in JE mode - sensitivity 90 - dic 1 - 2F tones - found out JE on my machine has better depth. Anyway thanks for sharing your pictures and story with us & congrats on your finds - wish you many more with your F75.
Texas ED
Thanks. Yes it's a great machine. I can tell silver from clad and copper coins most of the time. Clad dimes are a little tricky, so I dig them. I use the JE mode a lot myself.

You are a silver vacuum !! Congrats!! HH
Thanks!

Congrats on all the silver!!!!
Thanks!

Lookin good! Will be in town June 6th through the 10th...I may get a permission or two in Midtown and we can hopefully pull some older silver :occasion14:
I'll be looking forward to getting on some older silver coins. I want to do some more side by side comparison of targets with your Deus and my F75DST as well.

tabman
 
Man tabman, you need to take the next 6 months off so we can dig some silver coins. Does the term "Bogart" strike a chord???

But seriously, Congrats on another great day swing the F75 and increasing your seasons silver count by 7. :occasion14:
 
Great pile of silver you found- congrats!!

-- Jeff --
 
Man tabman, you need to take the next 6 months off so we can dig some silver coins. Does the term "Bogart" strike a chord???

But seriously, Congrats on another great day swing the F75 and increasing your seasons silver count by 7. :occasion14:
Thanks! I've been trying to pace myself a little and not be such a glutton.:laughing7:

Congrats on a super silver day
Thanks! I get lucky sometimes.

Great pile of silver you found- congrats!!

-- Jeff --
Thanks! Some days are better than others.

tabman
 
Congratz! You sir, are ridiculous!!! I'm scared to see your silver total at the end of the year! I'm going to take a guess that we can take my silver coin total and put a zero on the end of it and that number will be pretty close!

Keep up the good work! :hello2:
 
You have definitely been on a roll with your silver finds. Your soil must be really mild the way the silver coins come out looking so good. Nothing like seeing coin silver fresh out of the ground. Gotta take a jab at you though. You must be looking for a sponsorship deal from Fisher the way you always put "Fisher F75DST" in your thread titles along with a picture of the machine :tongue3:. Keep it up with your silver finds like this and you just might get one. Congrats!
 
Congratz! You sir, are ridiculous!!! I'm scared to see your silver total at the end of the year! I'm going to take a guess that we can take my silver coin total and put a zero on the end of it and that number will be pretty close!

Keep up the good work! :hello2:
Thanks! If you were retired and detected the same places that I do, you'd have a boat load of silver as well. I've seen you in action.
You da man!
Congrats
Thanks! The heat is going to slow me down.

You have definitely been on a roll with your silver finds. Your soil must be really mild the way the silver coins come out looking so good. Nothing like seeing coin silver fresh out of the ground. Gotta take a jab at you though. You must be looking for a sponsorship deal from Fisher the way you always put "Fisher F75DST" in your thread titles along with a picture of the machine :tongue3:. Keep it up with your silver finds like this and you just might get one. Congrats!
Thanks! Yes our soil here is pretty mild. When I read posts of finds I want to know what detector they're using, the settings, conditions and something about the area they're detecting. It makes things a lot more interesting and helpful. Me posting just a single picture of 7 silver coins and saying I found 7 silver coins today would be kind of boring. If Fisher wants to send me a detector, I'll take it! If I don't like the detector, I'll say so.

tabman
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom