What's new

Fishing weight? Italian suit tag?

gary s fl

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2005
Messages
269
Reaction score
61
Golden Thread
0
Location
Jacksonville, Fl
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Explorer II, Excalibur, Aquasound, TDI, GB 2, Quick-triggered CZ-21, AU-21, G2, Comprade 7" & 5.5"
Primary Interest:
Other
Found these two items yesterday at the old park. The arrow shaped thing is probably made of lead. The larger hole goes all the way through, the smaller on the pointed end doesn't. I Googled the copper tag and could only find that name for suits made in Rome, Italy. Hard to believe this tag was used on a suit. Any ideas? Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3399.webp
    DSCN3399.webp
    45.5 KB · Views: 436
  • DSCN3402.webp
    DSCN3402.webp
    14 KB · Views: 434
  • DSCN3403.webp
    DSCN3403.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 439
The triangle piece reminds me of a piece of a jointed fishing lure.

Creek_Chub_Triple_Jointed_Pikie_2800P.webp
South_Bend_Explorer_BeBop.webp
 
Upvote 0
I feel I should know what the weight looking item is :icon_scratch: so I'm here for the ride ;D
Mike
 
Upvote 0
In my opinion, It may be a lead fishing weight used to attach to a hook. Although, I have never seen one like this, it is possible. The hook of the completed "jig" Would have run through the holes of the posted lead. Usually accompanied with a rubber worm, pork skin, minnow, etc... Again. Being a fishing guide with my father in the past, I have never used or seen one like it.
 
Upvote 0
Cheyenne, the shape of the lures do look very similar. I've never seen an old sinking type lure broken open so it's hard to know for sure. 4-H, your idea sounds good too. Maybe the side view will help. Thanks guys for the input.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3418.webp
    DSCN3418.webp
    7.8 KB · Views: 356
Upvote 0
For me. I don't see where the design of the weight would be practical nor, functional. I don't believe it is a fishing weight. If it were plastic I could see the functionality. It would wobble to imitate a swimming bait fish. But, if you think about it,, on a crank bait the lead, if it were attached would totally screw up the main purpose of imitating live bait.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Here's a new direction - a doll arm. Or the inside of one. Heres a doll pendant made out of pot metal (enameled). Maybe on yours the large hole is the elbow joint and the small hole attached the hand.

rh61814b.jpg


DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
its the thing in front of a rubber sand eel for fishing, trust me i know what it is I'm a fisherman
 
Upvote 0
Have you actually seen one?
 
Upvote 0
Being in India at the moment, I've come across some interesting inscence holders - the type where you put the thin wooden / bamboo stick end onto a holder and light the other end. This could easily have been one as it could support the lightweight inscense sticks in the angled hole.
 
Upvote 0
Maybe, but I sort of doubt it. It only weighs a tad under 9 grams and with both incense sticks facing in the same direction on the concave side it would probably fall forward on the convex side, but with it flipped over it might work as a holder. If I can find the old hippy sticks I'll give it a try. 8)
 
Upvote 0
So, post the pic of the eel sucker thingie. Ive never used lead like that for fishing. but then again I never did like bottom fishing so, It's possible I guess.
 
Upvote 0
That is definitely related to the Italian made suits by the D'venza company.
If you look closely at your tag you can even see the TradeMark symbol.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom