Five Cent Token

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Token Obverse 100222.jpg Token Reverse 100222.jpg

This was actually found Sunday night. Wish I had taken pictures then because it was completely unidentifiable. I found this in a roadbed that was under construction and it was completely encrusted. I thought I might have a 2 cent piece.

Spent Sunday and Monday peroxiding and toothpicking it with little luck. So I decided to electrocute it.

Dug up my old model rocket ignition system and spent about 2 hours electocuting and toothpicking it. Still some stubborn spots but feel she's presentable. Wanted to share.

I am unable to find any information on it.

RLS

Upvote 26

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2049175 View attachment 2049176

This was actually found Sunday night. Wish I had taken pictures then because it was completely unidentifiable. I found this in a roadbed that was under construction and it was completely encrusted. I thought I might have a 2 cent piece.

Spent Sunday and Monday peroxiding and toothpicking it with little luck. So I decided to electrocute it.

Dug up my old model rocket ignition system and spent about 2 hours electocuting and toothpicking it. Still some stubborn spots but feel she's presentable. Wanted to share.

RLS
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paul Huenerjager was a billiard parlor and saloon owner listed in the 1905 Michigan City Indiana business directory as located at 230 W. Fifth Street

Also listed in the 1909-1910 city directory as "Paul (Minnie) Huenerjager, Saloon and Billiard Parlor", but at a different address: 201 W Fourth (and with the same home address).

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RLS
You did an AMAZING JOB cleaning that token. Do you give classes on how to do it ?
what part of Michigan , I used to have a charter fishing business in St Joe Benton Harbor AREA till i took it to Manistee !!

OP
OP
PlzBSeated

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Paul Huenerjager was a billiard parlor and saloon owner listed in the 1905 Michigan City Indiana business directory as located at 230 W. Fifth Street
Awesome! Thank you for the info.

OP
OP
PlzBSeated

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also listed in the 1909-1910 city directory as "Paul (Minnie) Huenerjager, Saloon and Billiard Parlor", but at a different address: 201 W Fourth (and with the same home address).
Thanks again.

OP
OP
PlzBSeated

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You did an AMAZING JOB cleaning that token. Do you give classes on how to do it ?
what part of Michigan , I used to have a charter fishing business in St Joe Benton Harbor AREA till i took it to Manistee !!
Simple electrolysis. Scraping with a toothpick ( a softer material).
I grew up in Benton Harbor but have moved further inland.
PBS

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

RLS
tokens are sweet always starts a little research and discovery wtg!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread