What's new

Flake knife & lots of old stuff today!

Hot diggity

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2014
Messages
447
Reaction score
333
Golden Thread
0
Flake knife & lots of old stuff today!

Early this morning (in Ontario) a friend & I hit a busy area along a river which has overlapping layers from the archaic period to the late 1800's. We split our options & he detected while I dug for nonmetals. At the end we pool our finds & draft our picks. The guy with the best find gets 1st pick (that object) then it's up in the air. We both did really well & most importantly I got 1st with my knife! Sorry Glenn. Next time bud. Never discouraged he kept swinging on the way out of the woods & found an old buckle with a big root growing through it! I drafted it. We found archaic copper, old ammo & lots of pottery (Native Petun we believe). We covered more ground & nobody left empty handed. The drafts are fun! Here is just my share for a few hours work. Thanks bud & thank you for reading.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 2
I hit the send button by mistake. The pics are under "Oops here are the pics... I'm a noon." Spell check kicks a "noob" when he's trying to correct himself
 
Looking forward to the pics
 
Hot diggity dog where are the pics ,vanzutphen
 
Scroll down maybe? Or up? Posted "Oops here are the pics... I'm a noon." It's been up since a few min after the original post - my bad though.
 
HD, if you forget the pics next time, you can just edit the original post and attach them. Don't forget to hit " save"!
Very nice old finds!
 
Oh! Thanks a lot OD. I had no idea. I will remember that & hopefully I won't send without pics again anyway. Cheers.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom