Flake knife & lots of old stuff today!

Hot diggity

Nov 19, 2014
Flake knife & lots of old stuff today!

Early this morning (in Ontario) a friend & I hit a busy area along a river which has overlapping layers from the archaic period to the late 1800's. We split our options & he detected while I dug for nonmetals. At the end we pool our finds & draft our picks. The guy with the best find gets 1st pick (that object) then it's up in the air. We both did really well & most importantly I got 1st with my knife! Sorry Glenn. Next time bud. Never discouraged he kept swinging on the way out of the woods & found an old buckle with a big root growing through it! I drafted it. We found archaic copper, old ammo & lots of pottery (Native Petun we believe). We covered more ground & nobody left empty handed. The drafts are fun! Here is just my share for a few hours work. Thanks bud & thank you for reading.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
I hit the send button by mistake. The pics are under "Oops here are the pics... I'm a noon." Spell check kicks a "noob" when he's trying to correct himself

Hot diggity dog where are the pics ,vanzutphen

Scroll down maybe? Or up? Posted "Oops here are the pics... I'm a noon." It's been up since a few min after the original post - my bad though.

HD, if you forget the pics next time, you can just edit the original post and attach them. Don't forget to hit " save"!
Very nice old finds!

Oh! Thanks a lot OD. I had no idea. I will remember that & hopefully I won't send without pics again anyway. Cheers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back