What's new

flake point

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ForumRunner_20131202_132247.webp



ForumRunner_20131202_132318.webp



ForumRunner_20131202_132343.webp
 
Upvote 0
I got one of those. I do not think they were shattered in half do you? I think maybe made that way. I will try to post it later
 
They sure were frugal with the material but this was made that way if you look closely you can see just a little work on the edge of the back.
 
Nice Pinellas point! Even has a suggestion of a little ear..... A Safety Harbor/Pinellas intermediate??!!!
 
Here is a flake knife. Or maybe a incomplete something. I do not know the difference.
 

Attachments

  • sell 211.webp
    sell 211.webp
    417.9 KB · Views: 96
  • sell 210.webp
    sell 210.webp
    366.7 KB · Views: 97
Thanks Tom.. BOOM.. haha.. These guys had your coral.. Wouldn't be surprised that they picked up a few common traits
Nice stem point there Cat.. it looks almost finished.
 
Last edited:
Speaking of Safety Harbor Tom.. Check this one out from the same site

ForumRunner_20131202_211016.webp



ForumRunner_20131202_211246.webp
 
those are nice gator
 
Thanks jamey
 
are they related to the indians who would build fires to trick ships to come in and crash?
 
Well that's a new one to me.
The Pinellas points "arrowheads" were in use during the time of first contact with the Spanish in this area and many bad things happened to shipwreck victims here.. especially with the Jaga in the vicinity of the Jupiter Inlet... Never heard about any fire trick though
 
Last edited:
Thank'ya
 
its ture gator,i read it somewere they would crash them then get there stuff ill try to find it
 
well it may have been legand i just read,but they said the saftey harbor culture had gold disks tied on their fishing nets
 
oh i typed in a term called wrecking and it brought up the info.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom