A autographcollector11 Sr. Member Joined Sep 18, 2011 Messages 338 Reaction score 175 Golden Thread 0 Mar 18, 2016 #1 Does anyone have an idea what type of work would cause the utilization marks on this large flake? It looks like it's been scraped but on what? Attachments image.webp 107.5 KB · Views: 92 image.webp 118.9 KB · Views: 87 image.webp 89.4 KB · Views: 88 image.webp 162.4 KB · Views: 106 image.webp 92.9 KB · Views: 89 Upvote 0
Does anyone have an idea what type of work would cause the utilization marks on this large flake? It looks like it's been scraped but on what?
reuellis Sr. Member Joined Jul 25, 2014 Messages 381 Reaction score 653 Golden Thread 0 Location Abandoned Teays River Valley, WV Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Mar 19, 2016 #2 Percussion bulb through a less than ideal part of the flint/chert?
rock Gold Member Joined Aug 25, 2012 Messages 14,751 Reaction score 8,933 Golden Thread 0 Location South Detector(s) used Coin Finder Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 19, 2016 #3 Ill play, waste flake the lines are cortex. Lets see some of your whole finds?
M Mark Todd Hero Member Joined Apr 22, 2014 Messages 706 Reaction score 689 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 19, 2016 #4 I have a white rock driveway, that has lots of examples like you post. Hope it's just a coincidence but I doubt it. I also hunt a few fields that are full of glacial chert like what you regularly post. I'm In Illinois also, happy hunting.
I have a white rock driveway, that has lots of examples like you post. Hope it's just a coincidence but I doubt it. I also hunt a few fields that are full of glacial chert like what you regularly post. I'm In Illinois also, happy hunting.