What's new

Flat Bearing?

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2007
Messages
1,535
Reaction score
949
Golden Thread
0
Location
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This appears to be flat or thrust bearing of some sort .. in copper.

Is it familiar to anyone?
 

Attachments

  • DSC05626 sm.webp
    DSC05626 sm.webp
    27 KB · Views: 297
  • DSC05628 sm.webp
    DSC05628 sm.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 290
  • DSC05630 sm.webp
    DSC05630 sm.webp
    44.7 KB · Views: 290
Hi Joe :hello: :hello:

Looks like something for a "Lazy Susan" :dontknow: :dontknow:

Tim
 
Upvote 0
Maybe a caged bearing. Looks similar to bicycle bearings.
 

Attachments

  • Bike bearings.webp
    Bike bearings.webp
    3.8 KB · Views: 186
Upvote 0
I have seen bearings like that before somewhere, but I can't seem to figure out where. It seems to me the ones I saw were plated in copper though, and not solid copper. Seems I saw them in my grandfathers garage, but sadly he's no longer with us for me to ask him...
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom