What's new

Flint Hand Axe

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to get good pics of this I have to say. Looks to of been a core by the long flakes that were removed then has a edge put on 1 side. Seeing the creeks are so low I am looking for the larger worked pieces like Celts but so far this is it. Found it a couple of weeks ago and still no rain just a sprinkle last night, rock.
 

Attachments

  • SDC11923.webp
    SDC11923.webp
    291.4 KB · Views: 125
  • SDC11924.webp
    SDC11924.webp
    278.1 KB · Views: 122
  • SDC11927.webp
    SDC11927.webp
    284.5 KB · Views: 129
  • SDC11928.webp
    SDC11928.webp
    296 KB · Views: 126
Upvote 0
Chopper, more than likely used to break open bones to get to the marrow.
 
Nice find Rock! Like you we need some rain badly. Last rain around here was when the hurricane came thru and we didn't get much rain then.
 
Nice! Glad somebody is finding something!
 
Nice! Glad somebody is finding something!

I didnt even know what I had thought it was a cool looking hunk of flint so I set it in the bed of my truck. Few days later I looked at it and then saw the flaking on it. Dont even know why I picked it up to tell the truth maybe cause I wasnt finding nothing and figured Id carry a hunk of flint home. But on the better note they are saying rain tonight and tomorrow. Windy all day so I hope its a good down pour have to keep my fingers crossed I guess.
Thanks everybody for the comments and likes, rock
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom