What's new

Flint Lock Pistol Help

burlington

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Decided to get out in the sunshine and enjoy the day. At first I thought I had a toy gun. Upon closer inspection I believe this to be the real deal. On one side it is stamped "New York" the other side stamped "Squire & Co.". I could not find any info when I googled and binged maker. Site dates back to colonial times. Also found large old padlock, brass button and three old buckles. I am waiting to identify gun until I post onto Todays finds. thanks for any info.
 

Attachments

  • squire gun 001.webp
    squire gun 001.webp
    35.9 KB · Views: 565
  • squire gun 002.webp
    squire gun 002.webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 489
  • squire gun 003.webp
    squire gun 003.webp
    43.3 KB · Views: 517
  • squire gun 004.webp
    squire gun 004.webp
    26.7 KB · Views: 468
  • squire gun 005.webp
    squire gun 005.webp
    30.6 KB · Views: 449
  • squire gun 006.webp
    squire gun 006.webp
    22 KB · Views: 437
  • squire gun 007.webp
    squire gun 007.webp
    26.2 KB · Views: 457
YEA,thats the real deal,and a dandy!!!!Cograts on that one!!! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
There is a Squires-Bingham, which is an old British firearms company, but since it is marked New York, I'm not sure. :dontknow: Great find! Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Congrats on the find!! :thumbsup: You were right....it's in good shape! Now that you are sure what it is....put it on todays finds with the other killer finds you got yesterday!!Banner! Banner,Banner!!!! :hello2:

mike
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Breezie said:
There is a Squires-Bingham, which is an old British firearms company, but since it is marked New York, I'm not sure. :dontknow: Great find! Breezie
Are you sure? I think this gun is older than 100 years. http://www.armscor.com.ph/article1.htm

I think it's older than 100 years too, but it is the only gun company I could find that was even close. Actually, the company I found was Squires and burlington said it was Squire. It's a SUPER find! Breezie
 
Upvote 0
LOOKS LIKE A MUFF POCKET PISTOL CIRCA 1770-1790 , Queen Anne style of a trigger & possible a RARE one.. Hope this helps

in you research. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Lots of gun makers made cheep pocket/ gentleman's pistols. I would "circa" this one about 1798-1830 because of the all metal box lock. They also made tinder starters in this flintlock configuration.
Looking for manuf, Arid.
 
Upvote 0
Dude that is one helluva find. I wish you would have got through on our cell phone yesterday I would have jumped to go there. Congrats and post this on todays finds so I can vote BANNER!!!!
Jeff K
 
Upvote 0
Good Stuff Silver Searcher , I Myself think its Pre 1800's . But ya never know :read2:
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for all the input. I have not been able to find any info with that name for that time table. The information provided will start me down some new paths. Going back out to that site tomorrow to explore.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom