What's new

Flint River finds - Southwest Georgia

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2011
Messages
6,151
Reaction score
7,986
Golden Thread
4
Location
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured that I'd post some of the points and other artifacts that I've collected out of the Flint River here is S.W. Georgia over the years. They were all found in areas where it is legal to hunt and with landowners permission. I've got more but these are among my more favorite finds. Some of these may have been posted before.
 

Attachments

  • Flint River - SW GA (6).webp
    Flint River - SW GA (6).webp
    88.4 KB · Views: 348
  • Flint River - SW GA (1).webp
    Flint River - SW GA (1).webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 282
  • Flint River - SW GA (5).webp
    Flint River - SW GA (5).webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 270
  • Flint River - SW GA (8).webp
    Flint River - SW GA (8).webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 297
  • Flint River - SW GA (7).webp
    Flint River - SW GA (7).webp
    15 KB · Views: 330
  • Flint River - SW GA (3).webp
    Flint River - SW GA (3).webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 318
  • Flint River - SW GA (4).webp
    Flint River - SW GA (4).webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 313
  • Flint River - SW GA (2).webp
    Flint River - SW GA (2).webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 277
Upvote 0
NICE early history artifacts......I have always loved hunting "arrowheads" in Northern Illinois when I was a young kid and even later after being married.....scouting & plodding over large freshly plowed corn & bean fields, especially after a hard rain. So, much enjoyment to pick up in your hand a "piece of history" and ponder the ancient person who "made, used & lost or dropped it". You can tell I love HISTORY, and of course it must have rubbed off on my only child & daughter who went to college @ FSU, studied Anthropology and became a Archaeologist for the Great State of FLORIDA for over 20 years. I LOVE this hobby of finding OLD artifacts, COINS, etc. GOOD LUCK & Happy Hunting, my friend.

BILL
Northern "Panhandle" FLORIDA (on the FL/GA state line)
 
Last edited:
Very Nice! Great location to hunt...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom