What's new

Flint Spear and hammer heads?

Nickleanddime

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2013
Messages
744
Reaction score
252
Golden Thread
0
Location
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought these at a yard sale a few years ago, forgot I even had them. They are as tall as a lighter. The 2 on the left that are sandstone the holes taper so might be drill bit? But the inside is rough still. They are flint, knapped on both sides and still sharp. Thought they might have been roadside junk but these are filthy. Lol actually saying that the dirt is uniform on all of them hmmm. Anyways any help would be great. Thank you.

image-2429798755.webp
 

Attachments

  • image-3069041121.webp
    image-3069041121.webp
    55.9 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 0
I would think that the points/blades are authentic. The piece with the hole, the round piece, and that other small one, I can't say if they are or aren't artifacts. They still look cool!!
 
I would think that the points/blades are authentic. The piece with the hole, the round piece, and that other small one, I can't say if they are or aren't artifacts. They still look cool!!

Well that's good news at least, the stones with the holes the holes are tapered. They honestly look fake like the kid was making a necklace and bracelet giving the sizes. 2 of the points are broke off at the bottom but oh we'll still great to have them. Thank you for your help.
 
The pic just isnt clear enough to say for sure but 3 of your worked pieces might be broken and the ones with holes might be natural. Its just a guess seeing it is blurry. You will have to get a clean pic of them for me to be sure. Thanks for the post, rock
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom