What's new

Flint

4runner

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2013
Messages
41
Reaction score
41
Golden Thread
0
Location
Savannah, Ga
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was visiting my brother and walking his property looking for artifacts. I ran into a ton of flint.

image-404894278.webp
 
Upvote 0
Is that a big mass of pieces stuck together. I went out today and found a lot of material too.
 
That is a chunk of some type of stone for sure:thumbsup:
 
That's a cool looking rock. I'd be hauling that one home.
 
It was as big as a tire and there was hundreds of them
 
Looks like a big conglomerate of oyster shells
 
You may have found something much more interesting than a chunk of flint.. You might find many pieces of flint in that area.


prehistory-as3-sm.webp



prehistory-mustang-lake-midden-sm.webp
 
Looks like a big conglomerate of oyster shells

I agree with Gator. However, Savannah is a great place to hunt relics and artifacts and there is no telling what you can find there if you are in the right spot. I wish I lived closer. Good luck and keep hunting.
 
I agree with Gator. However, Savannah is a great place to hunt relics and artifacts and there is no telling what you can find there if you are in the right spot. I wish I lived closer. Good luck and keep hunting.

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I was in Houston county, ga, below perry.
The post named "recent finds" were found in this area as well as the scrapers.
I plan on going back soon to work the area better!
 
Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I was in Houston county, ga, below perry.
The post named "recent finds" were found in this area as well as the scrapers.
I plan on going back soon to work the area better!

Hopefully, it won't be too long before those fields get turned up that way. Good luck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom