What's new

Float copper

Copper rock

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jun 2, 2020
Messages
1
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not very new here but this is my first post. I wish I would have found this with the metal detector. I was doing a job and the guy had a bunch of dirt hauled in to make a privacy berm infront of his house. I was picking rocks off the berm so I could plant it with grass . The bigger rocks I would pry out with a shovel. When the shovel hit it, it made a TING sound. I was pretty surprised when I brushed the dirt off of it and seen it was copper. And then I dug it out and seen it was decent size. 109 pounds
 

Attachments

  • 20260211_102029.webp
    20260211_102029.webp
    2.4 MB · Views: 83
  • 20260211_102012.webp
    20260211_102012.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 64
Upvote 7
Not very new here but this is my first post. I wish I would have found this with the metal detector. I was doing a job and the guy had a bunch of dirt hauled in to make a privacy berm infront of his house. I was picking rocks off the berm so I could plant it with grass . The bigger rocks I would pry out with a shovel. When the shovel hit it, it made a TING sound. I was pretty surprised when I brushed the dirt off of it and seen it was copper. And then I dug it out and seen it was decent size. 109 pounds
That would of been an overload for some detectors.
Now that's a big piece of copper, congrats 👏
 
That's awesome and rare, a collector would pay a hefty sum for that!!

Just scrap copper price would be $150 to $250!!
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom