M
miser
Guest
- #1
Thread Owner
There are some extremely knowledgeable people on this site, and I have enjoyed reading their suggestions and thoughts very much.
I have a problem and I can use your advice. Every few years I seem to fall into and out of metal detecting. I live in Central Florida and frankly found land hunting a major chore (anyone who has ever tried to hack their way through St. Augustine grass to retrieve a pull tab knows what I mean). I much prefer beach hunting as the sand is easier to work with and I just enjoyed myself more.
I know a lot of machines work ok on dry sand (though some clearly do not) and if I also know that if I wanted to hunt in wet sand, then the kind of machine I need changes drastically.
So my question (finally!) is this: for someone who wants to do a majority of beachhunting in Florida (East and Gulf Coast), is there a machine out there that won't cost a fortune and really let me enjoy myself? I'd like answers on dry sand only and dry/wet sand also.
I see Kellyco sells a machine called the Viper Trident for $400.00. Any thoughts?
Any thoughts on Kellyco in general?
Thanks in advance to everyone who answers!
I have a problem and I can use your advice. Every few years I seem to fall into and out of metal detecting. I live in Central Florida and frankly found land hunting a major chore (anyone who has ever tried to hack their way through St. Augustine grass to retrieve a pull tab knows what I mean). I much prefer beach hunting as the sand is easier to work with and I just enjoyed myself more.
I know a lot of machines work ok on dry sand (though some clearly do not) and if I also know that if I wanted to hunt in wet sand, then the kind of machine I need changes drastically.
So my question (finally!) is this: for someone who wants to do a majority of beachhunting in Florida (East and Gulf Coast), is there a machine out there that won't cost a fortune and really let me enjoy myself? I'd like answers on dry sand only and dry/wet sand also.
I see Kellyco sells a machine called the Viper Trident for $400.00. Any thoughts?
Any thoughts on Kellyco in general?
Thanks in advance to everyone who answers!
Though the Minelabs are more pricy than the run of the mill detectors they are the best for discrimination, depth and stablity in wet, dry or water hunting. Anthing else is make do........PI detectors can be deeper, but they love to respond to tiny pieces of trash at deep depths too. So you could spend a lot of time digging for junk.







