What's new

Florida Bobcat

newnan man

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
8,905
Reaction score
36,451
Golden Thread
0
Location
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My friend took this Bobcats picture near his house recently. Grant/Valkaria area.
FB_IMG_1765723303523.webp
 
Nice! I hear that bobcat in Florida are getting sorta scarce...seems the
pythons keep eating them ... pythons..now that's a snake worth hating..
squirrelsnake.webp
 
Nice! I hear that bobcat in Florida are getting sorta scarce...seems the
pythons keep eating them ... pythons..now that's a snake worth hating..View attachment 2256701
Yes, the pythons have really caused problems in the Everglades. They are actually speading into a lot more areas of Florida as well. The hunts and roundups are just not working out. Too few hunters, too many snakes, the math doesn't work. I always said pay 1 thousand dollars a snake and the Mexicans would catch every python within a year. I'm not being racist, I've worked with Mexicans for decades and they are resilient hard working people who will use every opportunity to make a living doing jobs most of us wouldn't ever consider doing. They would soon figure out how to catch and kill the pythons. In the end it would be cheaper than losing an entire ecosystem.
 
Yes, the pythons have really caused problems in the Everglades. They are actually speading into a lot more areas of Florida as well. The hunts and roundups are just not working out. Too few hunters, too many snakes, the math doesn't work. I always said pay 1 thousand dollars a snake and the Mexicans would catch every python within a year. I'm not being racist, I've worked with Mexicans for decades and they are resilient hard working people who will use every opportunity to make a living doing jobs most of us wouldn't ever consider doing. They would soon figure out how to catch and kill the pythons. In the end it would be cheaper than losing an entire ecosystem.
I have a lot of Mexican friends and I would say they would do the job for $300 to $500 a snake, some would do it for even less.

1 to 2 snakes a day would make for a good paycheck, heck I would also do it if I were 10 years younger!!
 
The hunts and roundups are just not working out.

Sadly, they probably never will get the job done. There's too many holes those big
mama snakes can hide in...you'd have to roll over every stump and clump in the
glades, and even then you're sure to miss a few. Damn things breed like bunnies,
and they're completely at home in that environment, so yeah, I fear it's gonna be
an issue for decades to come.
spider-0173.gif
 
Really great photo! You should check out https://gurushots.com I have a lot of photos there and it's a lot of fun!
 
Really great photo! You should check out https://gurushots.com I have a lot of photos there and it's a lot of fun!
Awhile back I saw a rabbit in the yard while looking out the sliding glass door.Along comes a bobcat slowly behind it and all the sudden it charges at the rabbit.
Well the rabbit went this way and that way over and over and the bobcat finally gave up
True story!!
 
Awhile back I saw a rabbit in the yard while looking out the sliding glass door.Along comes a bobcat slowly behind it and all the sudden it charges at the rabbit.
Well the rabbit went this way and that way over and over and the bobcat finally gave up
True story!!
 
A friend of mine’s brother was in full camouflage sitting next to a fork trunk tree while turkey hunting in the nearby mountains.
He was using a mouth turkey call and suddenly a bobcat hearing the call leaped thru the fork in the tree and knocked the hunter over then ran away.
His full face mask helped in preventing serious injuries
True story…
 
The rabbit indeed outran the bobcat to live another day…
I wouldn’t think tha rabbit would go round and round in and out in every direction but the bobcat gave up.!!!
I wish I had a video to show everyone.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom