What's new

Florida coast find

mick034

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 24, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
My brother in law recently found this cross pendant while snorkeling off the coast of Florida.any guess of age ,religion ,country.i don't have it in my possession will get to see it over the holidays.couldnt find anything close online.any help would be appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 287
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    6.2 KB · Views: 276
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    254.5 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
It is a Celtic cross. I would guess fashion jewelry from the late 20th C.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
I thought Celtic as well.
 
Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
It is a Celtic cross. I would guess fashion jewelry from the late 20th C.

DCMatt
If its Celtic then it's nothing more than costume jewelry,wouldn't make sense to find it off the beach in Florida
 
Upvote 0
If its Celtic then it's nothing more than costume jewelry,wouldn't make sense to find it off the beach in Florida
Why wouldn't it make sense? I find costume jewelry all the time off the beach in Florida.

I agree, it's a celtic knotwork designed cross. Green cabachon stone sort of falls into play with the whole Celtic/ Irish thing too. Here is a similar one-

celtic.webp
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Why wouldn't it make sense? I find costume jewelry all the time off the beach in Florida.

I agree, it's a celtic knotwork designed cross. Green cabachon stone sort of falls into play with the whole Celtic/ Irish thing too. Here is a similar one-

View attachment 680409

Agreed, it makes perfect sense because that is what it is, something probably brought from an Irish gift shop.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom