What's new

Florida encised bone pin

newnan man

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
8,911
Reaction score
36,469
Golden Thread
0
Location
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
KIMG0664.webpKIMG0665.webp
My Fossil Guy friend has permission to hunt a quarry site in southern Brevard Co. Fl. This is as the crow flies about 20 miles from where the mastodon etching was found, and the Vero Man site. Sorry about the blurry 1st pic but the etched pin shows up pretty good. I hope to go with him digging as soon as my new knee gets installed! He has also found a complete mastodon lower jaw with the teeth intact. It is a great private site. I have aquired them as I have nothing like them and think they are pretty nice, especially the engraved one.
 
Upvote 0
Ummm, sounds like a great hunt, but I would wait a bit after you get that new knee installed.

wouldn't wanna see you ruin a good new knee.
 
That incised piece is a beaut. You are likely to find something special there.
 
Very cool what do you feel the use would of been on the pin, nose?
 
Not sure but it does have a groove cut around the middle like maybe something was tied to it? Who knows? The other pins are a pretty common artifact here in Fl.
 
Looks like a good site. My dream retirement spot is a nice site that produces bones, fossils and stone in South Florida. Nothing like that where I used to live in Broward.

Nice pins, has he found any knapped stone or coral there?
 
Awesome, Thanks for sharing
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom