Florida gold nugget???

surfhunter

Sep 25, 2011
FL NATIVE
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark+ Excal.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Florida gold nugget on the beach? I was getting off shift at the FD and decided to hit the beach today and found this. Ive never detected on this beach before cause it doesn’t get any traffic. It hit like gold, low tone on the Excal. And its heavy for its size. Anyone ever find something like this?
Also found a piece of wood that looks like an old beat up fence slat but has a bronze or copper. Square nail still in it.

Attachments

• 0029B56C-9F52-4E6E-82E9-CB1C907A8F54.jpeg
    0029B56C-9F52-4E6E-82E9-CB1C907A8F54.jpeg
    169.3 KB · Views: 315
  • 25B9161D-6709-4530-BF7C-A735F0D66EB3.jpeg
    25B9161D-6709-4530-BF7C-A735F0D66EB3.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 242
Upvote 0
Got a photo, size?

Could easily be dental gold off of some bridge work. Acid test will confirm. Nice Find!!

Possible bronze tig waste.

And possible gold nugget. The Spanish carried raw gold also back to Spain as I remember reading somewhere. A jeweler or gold buyer will let you know for sure.

When the Spanish ships sunk from hurricanes some of the ships had gold nuggets on board, they do wash ashore, in fact I found a small one myself off of New Smyrna Beach about 7 years ago.

I found a tiny one in Ocean City, MD a few years ago. Kinda ugly looking. I doubt a tourist dropped it but you can never tell. I found another recently, but haven't posted on it. I thought it was garbage at first. This one is bigger. From coin beach, Delaware. It was black at first and I thought it was piece of junk iron. It's still being cleaned.

I got a small .3 gram 10k nugget off a West Fl beach but I think it came from a old piece of jewelry.

My guess is a cremation find. Could be dental gold, or gold jewelry that went through the cremation process along with whatever else was cremated. Hate to make it a downer, but gold is gold regardless where it came from, I wouldn't throw it back.

have you tested it yet to find out its purity or not gold?

gold is gold..I found this 5 feet from a soccer goal lol2015-02-07 16.49.31.jpg

Still have not tested it. Order a test kit online. Dental gold, never thought of that it probably is! Good point! I’ve found lots of silver crowns and just throw them back even a gold one, I’m superstitious. Surprised they would incinerate someone at the melting point of a gold alloy. Nice thinking outside the box. I have my reservation about it being a true gold nugget. I’ll keep the research up.

I found one that tested as good but cant remember what Karet. Dental gold most likely

dental gold that i have found tested at 16 karat and i was told by the metal dealer that is normal it pays better than 14 kt and if it did come from a creamation i dont believe that person will have much use for it any longer. I have a gold and a platinum crown i requested in my will to have them removed and given to my kids and they can do what they want with them they wont do me any good where im going.

to get rid of every thought ... I would test with karate 9,10,14,18 acid

Hum some years ago I found one as well but in my case it was in the glass bottle with ashes from the owner lol. I guess he or she wanted part of the ashes in the ocean.
And the family was not interested in keeping the dentures And neither do I... It give me the wellisssssss so I dig way deeper and back down they went.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back