🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got in after low on sunday - got in for a few hours and got a silver ring
got in yesterday for around 5 hrs - got this one after about an hour
Hit a spot with some hard bottom - viz was pretty good - only problem
was I started seeing holes here and there - looked around and saw a guy hunting farther
north from me - he must have come thru here first. I saw some trash in and near holes
which did not make me happy. I went around the area cause the bottom was what
we look for down there - tons of shells - coral fist size to some as big as your head.
I was getting good hits in-between some of these holes and started to pull up some coinage.
and some junk earrings.
Came upon a spot loaded with iron with a few holes - I think he may have cranked his discrim.
or just moved on through - I was hunting in all metal and took out some of it
but was getting a bunch of low tone hits with each swing (which on the CZ are bad- usually)
so I started to click over to iD mode with each hit and go for the mid and high tones (which are usually good)
I got a deep hit and it read off high tone and scooped down about a foot - gave scoop a
few shakes and had to pluck a few larger pieces of coral out...few more shakes to get the smaller shell frags out
and then I saw the glint of gold thru the remaining debris and thought I had a wedding band. Reached
in with my thumb and index finger and was surprised when I saw the stones sitting on my thumb.
Oh yeah!
Getting ready to head out as I finish this post. Hoping to find this ring some friends for the flight home.
2 more days to hunt...if that's the only gold I get - at least it is a good one :icon_thumright:
Happy Thankgiving to all!
2019flacas.JPG
fla.2019caspr.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thats a nice PRICY one. Hunters with slow recovery machines tend to avoid those concentrations of iron...... thou the Nox is changing that a bit. I hunt in AM as well and work those areas. Our sand is pretty bad right now ... i think i got 11 targets one day in 7 hours IN the water. That ole 10% of the hunters get 90% of the gold......to bad im not one of them lol. Congrats on a great hunt.

Now that is also my story in the surf, often - 11 targets in 7 hrs...Ya have to hit the scoop once in a while just to make sure the detector is working!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread