Florida parakeet foils robbery at neighbors house

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Florida parakeet foils robbery at neighbor's house

Florida parakeet foils robbery at neighbor's house | Fox News

This is one suspect who ran afowl of the law.

Emerald, a 21-year-old parakeet perched in Florida, helped foil a break-in at a neighbor's home by squawking louder than normal, making owner Suzette Beesley realize that something was wrong, MyFoxTampaBay.com reported.

Beesley took a look outside her Tampa nest and saw some birdbrain trying to burglarize her neighbor's house.

Beesley told MyFoxTampaBay.com that she called 911, while Emerald kept a watchful eye from his cage.

Hillsborough County Sheriff deputies surrounded the neighbor's house and reportedly tackled Hans Christensen, 31, as he tried to get away.

"We pretty much don't have a watchdog, but we have a watch bird for the neighborhood," Beesley told MyFoxTampaBay.com.

Christensen, who is being charged with burglary and grand theft, may wind up in a cage of his own.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahahaha! That's good! LOL!

My little birds have a different "call" for if a kitty cat walks through the yard, or if a doggie is on the swell.
They also know the sound of the hubbys' truck. If I am resting or napping on the couch, they give the alarm, I jump up and throw some pots and pans on the stove, with lids, so it looks like I been doing something! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread