Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys,

I live near Cincinnati, never even scuba dived before(will be trying it out next year) and I am ticked off with the way you are being systematically denied your rights to salvage/t-hunt! Someone hit the nail on the head...its the University professors(doctorates) that are getting paid with our tax money and they sit around and lobby (getting paid for it) on our dime thinking of ways to keep you out of the water! There has to be some kind of meeting of the minds, otherwise we should lobby that no university professor could receive money for doing research unless they had a treasure hunter along whose salary comes out of their grant! Yes turn the tables on them...may sound idealistic, but all we have to do is follow their trail of legislation and do the same thing as they have done.

There has to be some wealthy t-hunters that would help if you have a solid plan of attack! I teach at UC and am one of the few that will be voting to clear the mess in DC this November!

Reef Dawg

Dec 30, 2008
Delray Beach
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse Klein Side Scan Sonar
Well, I think the mid term election results shook a few trees in DC. It's kind of a mixed blessing, but only time will tell.

I'd like to think that our new Governor Rick Scott having the private sector business background that he does, would be in our corner on the salvage business here in our State, but again, the proof is in action, not promises.

:sign13:

Reef Dawg

PS - You go FIZZ MAN!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well in 1763 spain by a war ending piece treaty with england gave every thing it owned everything EAST of the mississippi * to england --- thus legally in effect abandoning all ownership of goods (which included florida and its "local" waters ) now the virginia state courts gave the juno to spain -- since it was sank after 1763 and thus was not effected by the 1763 agreement --- never mind that spain regained florida 20 years later in 1783 from england after england lost the war with the american colonies * -- because once spain "abandoned" their claim of ownership in 1763 thats it --you can not abandon some thing then "unabandon it" 20 years later --once those rights of ownership were given up --thats it --so any wreck lost before 1763 by spain in florida waters was in effect abandobed by spain cedeing all ownership and claims to land east of the mississippi to england -- the normal territorial waters of the land that was ceded by spain and what was in them offically went to england --thus spain had no more "rights:" to them --- unless its a "warship"

another odd bit --president clinton on nov 23rd ,1993 signed a public law 103 150 * --stating the the US igovt basically assisted in the theft of hawaii's rights as a nation --and illegally forced them into statehood -- by united nations rules --the vote for statehood should have had 3 choices -- independence --stay territory or statehood --the US only offered two choices --territory or statehood * thus that too was illegal according to the un rules--- as such hawaii is not honestly and truely a "legal" state -- its actually a foreign country * where the current president was born at . ---as such he was not"legally" born on american soil and since his mother had in the past given up her citizenship and his father never was a citizen --hes not legally allowed to be in office as president -- since offically hes not really a native born american citizen or the child of one which is required by law --opps

scubatreasure

Aug 14, 2008
Trinity, florida
doubloonhunter said:
the recent fisher wreck expansion site caught my eye... god i hate modern day government...we need a revolution in this country..isn't that what happen with England why we defected? England got greedy went beyond their reach of power..? we branched off. well im ready to branch off and make my own laws too lol

I wouldn't say branch, but I'm definitely a TWIG! :icon_pirat:

RonS

Feb 1, 2006
New England
carl fismer said:
It is almost unbelievable what has happened to us. I have bumped heads with the bureaucrats for years. Its a long story. Its a horror story, but the bottom line is they want you out, and they believe the means justifies the end. Lie, cheat, steal, squander tax money, a bureaucrat has no honor, integrity, or self respect. If they did, they would earn a living. Bottom line, you have two choices in life. Earn a living or get a government check. Mel Fisher was in Federal Court 113 times. If not for his tenacity we would already be out. Men like Mel, Art McKee, Jack Haskins, D.L. Chaney, led the way for the rest of us. These men were screwed time after time, but still persevered. Washington D.C. has screwed us illegally many times. Bill Bradley, Ted kennedy, Jim Wright, LLoyd Bensen, Yes, and even Ronald Regan screwed us. Lately it has been George Bush senior, Bill Clinton and his hatchet person Janet Reno. I never did think she was the best man for the job. When they are sworn in, they swear to uphold the Constitution, but once they are in the Constitution means absolutely NOTHING. They are power happy, money grubbing, immoral, criminal, lying, whore mongerring, sons of bitches. All of them. November 2nd is the last chance to save the Country, and hopefully our right as Treasure Hunters. In Washington D.C. its a CLUB. They are all members. None of them has you interest at heart. Capt. Carl Fismer

Of course we can trust the USA goverment and the state of FL just ask the native americans..... I too would kick in 100 towards a law suit in federal court. But I know it cost around 100.000 to get into federal court.

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Salvor6 said:
The entire Florida state Republican party is under investigation for coruption: http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/corporate/article1137653.ece

What else do you expect?

I'm not shocked to see it from the Republicans, wouldn't be shocked to see it from the Democrats, either. The whole system has become one of lies, where shrewd people in positions of power divide up social ideas to gain support of the rabble, while hijacking the real power behind closed doors, boiling the frog.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
poly --greek word meaning many tick's -- blood sucking pests

polyticks -- politics -- self explainatory

the two "party" system is failed -- both sides have long ago sold their souls to the various money / power brokers --aka as "the powers that be" the puppet masters who run the "show" -- no one has been for " WE the people" the bulk of the US citizens --the working class for a long long time.

and brother thats the root of the problem.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just once I'd like to see at least a 75 - 80% decline in voter turnout. The system is outdated and voting changes nothing, it just serves to insure that the same corrupted system remains in place. Given the current corrupt condition of the system, it needs to return to laws being changed in order to get those votes, not promises of change after the fact with no accountability.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
ivan salis said:

the two "party" system is failed -- both sides have long ago sold their souls to the various money / power brokers --aka as "the powers that be" the puppet masters who run the "show" -- no one has been for " WE the people" the bulk of the US citizens --the working class for a long long time.

Ivan. You always manage to get to the "root" of the problem!
Aquanut

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im interested in this,but know nothing but what i read here. I hope somewhere in this email. That i can help you in some small way.Their seems like a few of you guys that are really into this. This has effected everyone from metal detectors to people who go to fla to metal detect. We know that the goverment sucks and they grease their own hands. But theirs so much wrong and yours is just another problem without enought people who want to really do something about this. You say I have no money or this or that. If you want this that bad. Your going to have to do alot of foot work. No one else is going to do it for you. Unless it affects everyone or alot of people in the same way. We all need to change our goverment. But are we all not going to stop voting. No! Its going to be tuff to change anything. You need to put adds in the paper ,or on radio. Make a voice and make you get noticed all the time and state what the goverment is doing with everyone lives. Not only with your area but everything. Get people fired up and get some high up on your side who wants to get noticed. After awhile,someone will listen. If you keep making the right kind of noise. Everyone is teed off at the way things are going anyway. So i would think now is a good time. Now if you keep at this. You might get someone to help fight for you. Maybe a up and becoming laywer. Laywers take cases for very little sometimes. They get noticed out of this and if they win. Alot of people want them. Or get a team of up and becoming laywers. These laywers go from the bottom to the top over night. Look at o.j. s team. Thoses laywers are known now. Everyone wants change. But no one wants to get together. But the one's who really fight,get on top. It's like treasure hunting. Most can't. They have kids,work and these times are hard. But until someone is willing to do the work,and know what their doing. I feel this is going to fall by the way side until the explorer or fisher spends the money to pay their way.The explore just was hired by a country to find a wreck. Work together is best. You say fisher is looking for another ship. Well why he is telling everyone about this .[ He was a smart man before he was a treasure hunter]. Some kind of newspaper. He is putting this in print even before he has found this ship. That put this in everyones minds ahead of his fight. You know once the word is out. It travels fast.It seemed like mel the chicken farmer was a smart man when it came to getting what he wanted. I read he would drop coins on the floor and the investers along with himself would pick them up. But the coins mel picked. Mel would keep dropping and let the invester think their was more coins. The invester thought their was more coins because two people are picking them up. And mel was throwing his back and saying oh theirs another one over their. You need to fight fire with fire.Theirs some good ideas out their. But until someone wants to work at them. Nothing is going to happen. You can write on forums get a few on your side. But its going to take one person who want to really work at this.Im not downing anyone. I think the goverment needs helps. Just look at the mess were in now. Money seems to talk. But if you get the right people involved who want to get noticed,along with someone taking charge and doing the foot work. Were in trouble. Wish the best to you all.Hope this helps in some way.

TARPON753

Tenderfoot
Sep 3, 2008
ivan salis said:

Roger Waters - the lead singer from Pink Floyd wrote and recorded a song "THE POWERS THAT BE". He describes it perfect.
Good luck to "ANYBODY OUT THERE".

bigdisco00

Jan 23, 2014
Miami
Detector(s) used
Garret gti 2500 with eagle eye. Diver detector soon to come!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what about fishers cases? anyone have a link or pdf

would go to precedence

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
what about fishers cases? anyone have a link or pdf

would go to precedence

That win in the Supreme court won't happen again. The grubbermint has managed to pass laws that circumvent his arguments since that time so as to cover their asses.

May 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What ever happened to 'Stare Decisis' in Case Law and Precedent's set by the Highest Court in the U.S., They rarely turn over their own final judgement's. Mel took this ALL THE WAY to The U.S. Supreme Court. How does a State, namely Florida, make laws that would circumvent the Stare Decisis, in such a recent decision, it's not like it's 100 year old case, where a new law may need to be made concerning this. I know that is an old thread, but it hasn't changed here. And it is illegal to do that no matter what anyone cites.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
What ever happened to 'Stare Decisis' in Case Law and Precedent's set by the Highest Court in the U.S., They rarely turn over their own final judgement's. Mel took this ALL THE WAY to The U.S. Supreme Court. How does a State, namely Florida, make laws that would circumvent the Stare Decisis, in such a recent decision, it's not like it's 100 year old case, where a new law may need to be made concerning this. I know that is an old thread, but it hasn't changed here. And it is illegal to do that no matter what anyone cites.

Appeals cost MONEY, a lot of it. And most of us don't have the money to fight.

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You Can NOT Trust the State OF Florida " Period"

Appeals cost MONEY, a lot of it. And most of us don't have the money to fight.

I am asking all persons that have ever been turned down for a Permit form the State of Florida to step up and please call me

I am looking for anyone that has applied for a permit to the State of Florida and been denide

You can not trust the State of Florida and its archaeologist and for sure NOT the Secretary OF State Ken Detzner they will lie to you in a min, but they will take all your data for free and give you nothing in return but a hard time

Global Marine Exploration Inc.is also starting a fund to fight the State of Florida as well as France and Maybe Spain soon,on the Illegal dealings of the State of Florida and France at Cape Canaveral, please donate to this cause , More information later on this

Robert H Pritchett III

Navyman

Dec 7, 2019
East central PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly.....we don’t have the money.

But if you commit a crime in New York ....your out the next day!!!
Because average or poor people can’t afford bail so they did away with bail requirements!!! Asinine!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread