What's new

Florida vehicle tag found at OLD abandoned jailhouse

Sundancer

Full Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
194
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fort White, Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX, Tesoro Lobo
I found this tag in the yard of an old jailhouse here in north Florida. The jail dates to 1926 I believe and was in use until the late '60's or so.. It's aluminum. I have NOT been able to find info on anything like this and am hoping someone here may be able to help.
Thanks in advance!

~Mike
 

Attachments

  • FL Tag.webp
    FL Tag.webp
    98 KB · Views: 430
mike,

cool find, i think its the best of our finds..., did you keep that hinge i found? i think most of the memorials were from the 70's alot of trash there, would be cool to try again but in cooler weather high 90's way toooo hot for MDing right now!...
 
Upvote 0
Yep bro. I have all of it. This thing was the only thing that I really wanted to know about. :-)

~Mike
 
Upvote 0
From the "what its worth" department, I have found three of those for the state of Georgia. Mine all have years on them and are from the early 1930s. I would have to date yours at the same time frame.
 
Upvote 0
BTW Six, I think we'd have no probs getting permission to continue there. As far as I'm concerned, after 42 years in Arizona, this FL summer is like Springtime..I've detected in 116F ( call me a fool.. but I'm a happy fool ) :-) Let's ask!!??!!

~Mike
 
Upvote 0
doesn't hurt too...will see ...gotta call her this week... you thinking early am or after 6pm??..
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom