What's new

flower

kentwoodkrew

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 29, 2011
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found at a civilwar camp.Nonmagnetic probably copper.Layers of flower petals rivited together.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF6030.webp
    DSCF6030.webp
    15.4 KB · Views: 333
  • DSCF6032.webp
    DSCF6032.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 337
  • DSCF6034.webp
    DSCF6034.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 357
  • DSCF6037.webp
    DSCF6037.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 349
No idea what it is except that it's really cool... I would have been very happy to have dug that.

Good luck on an ID.
 
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
No idea what it is except that it's really cool... I would have been very happy to have dug that.

Good luck on an ID.
hey jim :hello: dont know myself
 
Upvote 0
Thought i had it , But after more looking not sure. Period ladies jewelry?
 
Upvote 0
The actual flower is from the Victorian era, and is known as an 'open face rose,' which was 'the' decor flower for Vic. furniture, jewelry, and anything else it could be stuck upon! As far as its use, it could have been on jewelry or a decorative piece from a candelabra, wall sconce, clock, etc. Interesting find :thumbsup: Breezie
 
Upvote 0
I agree with Breezie. My first thought when I looked at it....Thats a Victorian English rose. What a nice find.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom