What's new

Fluted point??

Smarker

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 15, 2019
Messages
2
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From Texas. Ground base and a bit up the sides. Any ideas of type?
 

Attachments

  • DCCCADD0-0C30-49A6-AD1E-2FE0DA65EDAB.webp
    DCCCADD0-0C30-49A6-AD1E-2FE0DA65EDAB.webp
    261.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 07C336B8-3CDF-4CEB-BD98-C57E1D8E2F35.webp
    07C336B8-3CDF-4CEB-BD98-C57E1D8E2F35.webp
    241.8 KB · Views: 79
  • A6BADEFB-E1C0-4759-80DE-79C9BA7A042D.webp
    A6BADEFB-E1C0-4759-80DE-79C9BA7A042D.webp
    255.1 KB · Views: 86
  • A3688285-9AFF-4F11-B33F-9208A8CEE255.webp
    A3688285-9AFF-4F11-B33F-9208A8CEE255.webp
    234.6 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 0
Looks like a reworked paleo, possibly a clovis.
 
Looks like it to me , the first 3 pics I wasn’t sure but the last one really looks like a fluted point that’s been reworked a few times. Nice point .... that a personal find ? Is it made from KRF?
 
I was also gonna say reworked.
 
I remember when that piece was posted on another forum, I was surprised at the discussion. I see paleo, but a lot of Texans didn't.
 
This may be an exhausted Pedernales. They are commonly "fluted" and after losing width and length from resharpening, they are frequently mistaken for much earlier points.
 
Sure has a paleo look the flute is to long for a perd .
 
I agree with Pedernales…

To go along with the discussion on Clovis. I would call it a Barber before Clovis. But def a perd nub!
 
Hey relicgrubber-thanks. I know barbers are quite rare in Texas. This piece has ground basal regions and the hafted area is quite wide. I know pedernales are common in thx, but do you know of any examples that are worn down so much with basal grinding? I have not found examples to support a perd-at least not yet....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom