Fmaily Member in the Alamo from North Carolina

Billy Boy

Tenderfoot
Jun 21, 2008
I love information about the Alamo and have visited many times, mainly because I have a relative named William Parks, same as mine, who traveled from North Carolina to fight for Texas Freedom.

I also have a Great Great Uncle named Henry Wax Karnes, who worked with Sam Houston as a spy against Santa Anna's Army and also an interpreter when dealing with the Indains. His remains are under the hospital across from Milam Park (Downtown San Antonio), but a statue was built in his honor closest to his remains where remembered to be in Milam Parks across from the hospital.

It's GREAT to be a TEXAN and now a chartered member of Treasurenet!

Peace to all!

William (Bill) Parks

Great Family history...and Welcome to TNet and the Charter Member..

Yup cool history, I hopeyo can get into Sananton's dirt. even a round ball from there would be valuable.

Been through the Alamo several times and find something new each time. I love history and did some metal detecting from Austin to San Antiono for a few yrs. Lived in San Marcos. Now live in East Tn. and my little brother lives over N.C at Hendersonville. He is just now wanting to get a metal detector so if your in his part of the country maybe you guys can hook up. Yes we too are proud Texans Jeff

We drove right past it when when driving to Mathis Texas yesterday and it clicked. I said to my wife, I wonder if that has anything to do with my family generation? Do you know if it does? I'm going to google it now!
Thanks for the reminder

I passed thru KC going to Corpus in the 70's and the biggest attraction was the
"Smokehouse". All kinds of brisket, sausage and homemade bread. You couldn't
miss it, just follow your nose. Let me know if you find a connection. On my
lastleg.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back