Folks, Please share some of your past finds....the more the merrier.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

I thought since a lot of people may be doing the isolation thingy it wouldn't be a bad idea to start a thread where we could share some of our past finds.

I'll get the ball rolling. Sterling silver stamp safe. Bring em on....coins, jewelry, relics, buttons, etc...

Attachments

• DSC00621 (640x499).jpg
    DSC00621 (640x499).jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC00622 (621x640).jpg
    DSC00622 (621x640).jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 31
OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't found any gold for a couple of years now. Since my regular sites are pretty pounded the gold is few and far between.

However on one of my morning walks last summer I took a break near a park bench along the walking path and this was shinning up at me.

14k white gold with diamonds, it was sort of a detecting find only with my eyes instead of a detector....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Attachments

• DSC02746.JPG
    DSC02746.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's a 10k white gold grad ring with red stone possibly a ruby. Tried without success to return it.

Attachments

• DSC00710 (392x640).jpg
    DSC00710 (392x640).jpg
    118 KB · Views: 43

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one of the coolest bottle finds I have made.. It is a glass gun.. and as much as it pains me to say it, I can remember buying these as a lad.

Showing just how old I really am..

They were filled with candy [small candy balls... red, green and white.. although there may have been other colours.].. You unscrewed the lid,

put the barrel in your mouth and then ate the candy.. the reason for the obvious developed unpolularity is obvious.. who wants to see a child

sticking a gun barrel, even glass, in their mouth

.Micheal

Attachments

• Img_2544.jpg
    Img_2544.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and another guy were hunting for telegraph insulators in north Georgia back in the mid-80s and stopped at this old warehouse by the railroad. I asked the owner about this old sign that stood right outside. He said I was welcome to it if I wanted it. I gratefully took it, but didn't think a whole lot of it since it was in such rough shape, but it has really grown on me through the years to the point that I don't even think about the condition anymore. Doesn't seem to be a ton of information on it either. Has anybody else seen one like it?

signal mtn.jpg

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one of the coolest bottle finds I have made.. It is a glass gun.. and as much as it pains me to say it, I can remember buying these as a lad.

Showing just how old I really am..

They were filled with candy [small candy balls... red, green and white.. although there may have been other colours.].. You unscrewed the lid,

put the barrel in your mouth and then ate the candy.. the reason for the obvious developed unpolularity is obvious.. who wants to see a child

sticking a gun barrel, even glass, in their mouth

.Micheal
Yeah That was a problem

OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I suppose just about everyone who's been detecting for awhile has been approached to find something for someone. I've found a set of keys in the snow also manage to find a water cutoff valve buried under the sod by someone having some landscaping done.

Only once was I able to find something for someone that involved some decent value. Here's the background I hear the doorbell ring early New Years Eve 2016 and a neighbour from further up the street asks me if I could help his brother find a lost ring in their parents driveway. I said no problem I'd give it a shot.

New Years Day midmorning his brother shows up I grab my gear and we head off to his parents house in a ritzy part of town. Ironic as his dad was a VP at the CNR railway at competitor since I had worked at the CPR...:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Well he showed me where he thought he had lost the ring in the snow in the driveway while cleaning off the snow from his car. I probably spent about 1/2 hour with no success and wondering if I could pull a rabbit out of the hat to save the day.

I took a break and looked around and saw there was a row of shrubs further away from the driveway along the edge of the walkway towards the curb. Figuring maybe the ring flew a bit further than he thought I started to scan that ared. Sure enough within 10 minutes I get a solid hit clear the snow away and there it was.

The brother was pacing nervously along the sidewalk wondering if I could find his ring or not. I called over and asked him "is this what you're looking for?" tossed him the ring. He gave me a bear hug that I thought would break my back....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Approx 1 oz of 14k white gold with the faceplate encrusted in diamonds custom made with a cost of $26,000.

Nice to see a happy ending!

Attachments

• DSC02374.JPG
    DSC02374.JPG
    543.5 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC02372.JPG
    DSC02372.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 162

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I suppose just about everyone who's been detecting for awhile has been approached to find something for someone. I've found a set of keys in the snow also manage to find a water cutoff valve buried under the sod by someone having some landscaping done.

Only once was I able to find something for someone that involved some decent value. Here's the background I hear the doorbell ring early New Years Eve 2016 and a neighbour from further up the street asks me if I could help his brother find a lost ring in their parents driveway. I said no problem I'd give it a shot.

New Years Day midmorning his brother shows up I grab my gear and we head off to his parents house in a ritzy part of town. Ironic as his dad was a VP at the CNR railway at competitor since I had worked at the CPR...:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Well he showed me where he thought he had lost the ring in the snow in the driveway while cleaning off the snow from his car. I probably spent about 1/2 hour with no success and wondering if I could pull a rabbit out of the hat to save the day.

I took a break and looked around and saw there was a row of shrubs further away from the driveway along the edge of the walkway towards the curb. Figuring maybe the ring flew a bit further than he thought I started to scan that ared. Sure enough within 10 minutes I get a solid hit clear the snow away and there it was.

The brother was pacing nervously along the sidewalk wondering if I could find his ring or not. I called over and asked him "is this what you're looking for?" tossed him the ring. He gave me a bear hug that I thought would break my back....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Approx 1 oz of 14k white gold with the faceplate encrusted in diamonds custom made with a cost of $26,000.

Nice to see a happy ending!

That's a cool recovery story. I just can't imagine owning a piece of jewelry that expensive. I would have been a blubbering idiot before, during, and after the find. Kudos, Bill, for saving his year. :thumbsup:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Here are some of my first bottle finds that got me started on Tnet. These three were found in the creek that runs under my driveway. The source of the bottles would be from the cellar video I posted on RCT.

HCWhitmer06052017a.jpg HCWhitmer06052017b.jpg The H C Whitmer Company, Columbus, Indiana.

Sauders06052017.jpg Sauder's Flavoring Extracts, Dayton, Ohio

BromoSeltzer06122017.jpg Bromo Seltzer

corkedwhiskey06052017.jpg Corked whiskey. This was found in the creek along the north property line where there used to be a road.

OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WD,

You started with empty bottles and then graduated to full bottles of rum courtesy of RCT....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_20190726_135027_284.jpg
    IMG_20190726_135027_284.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 43

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chris,

Great group of buttons thanks for sharing. I hope you and yours are staying safe and sound especially with you working on the front lines during this mess.
If you get a chance post up the pillar dollars.

This was from my best hunt ever, perhaps tied with the 5 pillar dollars from 2014. RFA buttons, RP buttons and a Queens Rangers 1st American. All Rev war and some being pretty scarce.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...als-royal-fencibles-queens-rangers-oh-my.html

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris,

Great group of buttons thanks for sharing. I hope you and yours are staying safe and sound especially with you working on the front lines during this mess.
If you get a chance post up the pillar dollars.

Thanks Bill. It's been pretty hectic for sure.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200413-002120_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20200413-002120_Instagram.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20200413-002138_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20200413-002138_Instagram.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 39

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions